cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Dropbox creating a folder and moving all my files into it changing the file path.

Issue with Dropbox creating a folder and moving all my files into it changing the file path.

jawknee43089
New member | Level 2

Its seems as though the new update creates a folder based on the username and moves all folders and files into it. This is causing all kinds of issues on my end as this is now changing the file path for everything that has been moved. Currently I have Dropbox off and have manually moved the files back to their original location. If Dropbox gets turned back on, it will try to move files again into the new username folder it created..

Has anyone else ran into this issue and if so does anyone know how I can stop this?

5 Replies 5

Rich
Super User II

@jawknee43089 wrote:

Its seems as though the new update creates a folder based on the username and moves all folders and files into it. This is causing all kinds of issues on my end as this is now changing the file path for everything that has been moved.

I'm assuming you're on a Mac? If so, refer to the following help articles. The way Dropbox functions on a Mac has changed to work with Apple's File Provider API.

Rodger S.
New member | Level 2

Not on MAC. We are on Windows server

Rich
Super User II

@Rodger S. wrote:

Not on MAC. We are on Windows server

Dropbox Business team?

jawknee43089
New member | Level 2

Yes that is correct.

Rich
Super User II

@jawknee43089 wrote:

Yes that is correct.

I don't think you can prevent those changes. The team admin for your account would have had the option to postpone it for (I believe) 30 days, but that option likely no longer exists if the account has already been converted.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    jawknee43089 New member | Level 2
    Rodger S. New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?