cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac os Monterey 12.6.1 and problems sync with Dropbox

Mac os Monterey 12.6.1 and problems sync with Dropbox

Aurawo
Explorer | Level 3

Hi folks!

I have problems with the right sync in this computer, not in others which are also sync to the same dropbox. I have had many files completely lost in the last week. And I have been using dropbox for many years. Never something like that happened. And Dropbox app shows nowarning of any sync problems. 

Could someone help?

When I go to preferences/ sync, now it does not allow me to choose a folder where to locate Dropbox folder, like it used to before. Now it is mandatory it goes to, (it says)

/Users/whoever/Library/CloudStorage/Dropbox, by default.

The thing is that I do not have these Library and CLoudStorage folders in my computer. And Dropbox folder is located:

/Users/whoever/Dropbox

Maybe this would be the reason for the failure? What can I do? Thank you

3 Replies 3

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Aurawo, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Is it possible there was a recent upgrade or change to the Dropbox desktop application?

It sounds like it's moved to the new version of the app where the Dropbox folder has moved to the CloudStorage location. Since you're still seeing files in the older location, it's possible that the migration to the new folder is ongoing.

I'd recommend keeping the computer running for longer to see if the process gets completed, after which the syncing issues should end.

Keep me updated with any progress!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Aurawo
Explorer | Level 3

I have no progress Jay. I uninstalled dropbox and tried to install it again, and now it does not open. I am kind of stuck. Have done everything, rebooted, downloaded it again and installed it again, and nothing seems to make the app work. The system tells me there has been a problem and to contact support. There is a link with a ·txt. I have contacted support, and they have not helped so far.  Thank you anyway!

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Aurawo! I’m sorry to hear about the situation. 

If you’ve received a ticket number after contacting our support team, you can pass it to me here and I can have a look for you.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    Aurawo Explorer | Level 3
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?