cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My personal account has been deleted! Please help.

Re: My personal account has been deleted! Please help.

Shannon M.
New member | Level 1

My iPhone broke and I had to get another one. Anyways I thought that all of my files would be transferred onto my new phone. In which wasn't the case. I had to go into the App Store and get drop box again, unfortunately I've tried every password, and email I have ever used and it's saying that the account doesn't exist. so what my question is, could my entire account been deleted when t mobile did a master delete and wiped off my dropbox

Rich
Super User II

so what my question is, could my entire account been deleted when t mobile did a master delete and wiped off my dropbox

No, your account would not have been deleted. Try to reset your password.

Alex P.20
New member | Level 1

I come across the same situation as the people above and still need to get my Personal Account and Personal Files restored.

I can't recall of any warning message stating that I will NOT be the Admin of my own Personal Account/Files right before the merging of two accounts (Personal and Pro).

Though if that message was shown I would have definitely NOT merge the both together.

Mark
Super User II

You definitely do get it - its why they try and force you down the path of setting up a second account.

All you can do is as has been suggested and contact Dropbox support via your Business Admin.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Alex P.20
New member | Level 1

The situation I am in right now and the process how to get back my Personal Account/Files (till 10 Aug 2016) the way they were before (so having me as to be Admin of my personal stuffs) the merging does not make me an happy user. As I need to get back to the Business Admin, that someone that was not meant to be Admin of my Personal Account/Files. It sucks 😞

wenjingzy
New member | Level 2

Hi, I asked my admin to restore the account. But does this mean that my personal account is now forever merged into this business account? I find this extremely illogical, inconvenient and infuriating (there should be big red letters warning when you send the team invite). How can I restore the independence of my personal account (not just its existence). 

Mark
Super User II
Admin needs to do so wenjingzy. And there are warnings on the screens when you join telling you this I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

SFLLTodd
Explorer | Level 3

@Mark, those warnings are really poorly worded. Otherwise I would not be in this same situation.

I am still curious if somebody can explain to me - once Dropbox Support restores my account that had been deleted, 1) how do my personal files/folders get restored

2) how I get my personal files/folders out of the business account - and into a new personal account?

Amm1208
New member | Level 2
I just had the exact same thing happen to me and within seconds my entire personal folder was no longer my own. I can tell you for certain the verbiage does not say you will no longer own the account- it says do you want to merge your personal and business account. And if you don't then you need to create a new Dropbox account for your personal folders. Both of which are stupid options and it was definitely not clear that every file would no longer be my own just by clicking join team. I am a paying customer and I can not believe that my entire business may be at risk for accepting a clients invite to join a team. I submitted a claim to Dropbox support and my client did too. My business is now on hold until it's hopefully resolved but until then I will just sweat billets that my live hood has been thrown down the drain. I am so upset!!!!!!

Amm1208
New member | Level 2

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Ca1 New member | Level 2
    SFLLTodd Explorer | Level 3
    LK2 New member | Level 2
    Amm1208 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?