cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My personal account has been deleted! Please help.

Re: My personal account has been deleted! Please help.

LK2
New member | Level 2

Hi.

Will the same problem accour if you join with a businessaccount?  

SFLLTodd
Explorer | Level 3

It depends on how you join the 'business/team' to which you are invited. DO NOT join it without first creating a totally new Dropbox account, unless you want control of all of your existing Dropbox account's files to be transferred to the 'business/team'. It's not fun to lose control of your personal files.

Ca1
New member | Level 2
It's ridiculous that Dropbox automatically merges your business account with your personal and then can delete it completely and you can't even sign back in on your original email. I've lost all my stuff from kids growing up etc as I left the company and it has been deleted. God knows if the admin now can be bothered to go through the complicated steps to restore the link for me so I can get my kids pics from it. It's outrageous. The personal Dropbox should at least be emailed to you when deleting and ask if you want to link it to a new business account. I find this so backwards.

Jane
Dropboxer

Hey Ca1

Thanks for getting in touch with us on Community! 

I'd be more than glad to pass your feedback regarding our team setup on to our developers for further review. 

Because I understand the inconvenience that losing your kid's photos may have caused, and I'd really like to help you gain access to your files again, I'd recommend that you tried logging in a ticket with us, so that we begin the process on our end. If you 'd like me to follow-up on that, please let me know a ticket ID here, so that I troubleshoot that with you. 

Looking forward to your reply! 

Kind regards, 

JaneA

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Jane Dropboxer
    Ca1 New member | Level 2
    SFLLTodd Explorer | Level 3
    LK2 New member | Level 2
    Amm1208 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?