cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you want to work on being more organized, your productivity or you want to use AI to make your life easier, we’ve got something for you right here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Mac User On Dropbox

New Mac User On Dropbox

tightpurchaser
Explorer | Level 3

Now that my Windows 7 crashed and I now have to use my Mac to access DropBox, I had to change my password.  Now, where is my content that should have been already there?  This app from the App Store opens a bunch of boxes I cannot get rid of; so I had to go to the site to request a new password.  What is going on here?

10 Replies 10

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tightpurchaser, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Are you certain that you've logged into the same Dropbox account that you were using on your Windows machine?

Are the files visible on the site, or is the account empty?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

tightpurchaser
Explorer | Level 3

I am sure that it is the same account.  To login I had to change the password.  I had to change my login ID after I quit using the original email address.  Since posting yesterday I had to delete the app "App For DropBox."  No, there are no files visible after logging in, which is why I started this thread.  Thanks for acknowledging.

Louis T.1
Explorer | Level 3

Jay, I decided to try logging into DropBox with a different email address after doing a search on my GMAIL inbox.  It seems that we never resolved how to change my login ID, which I thought we did.  This defunct email address logged me in to where my old files were visible.  We still have the problem of all those boxes popping up to freeze everything on the screen using the App For DropBox.

Jay
Dropbox Staff

I'm glad to hear you found your files. Regarding the boxes that appear, which prompts are you referring to?

Any other info or screenshots would be helpful!

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Louis T.1
Explorer | Level 3

I never intended to have two accounts, but just wanted to change the defunct email address to my GMAIL address.  For the screenshot I brought it into my DropBox and tried to create a link, since it does not seem right to create an eyesore on this page.  I chose the option Share With DropBox, hoping you could access it.  Here is the link:  link removed

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi Louis, I hope you're doing well! 

I've gone ahead and removed your link, since it could bring a lot of traffic to your account, and result in a ban, which we don't want. 

Would you be able to attach your screenshots here? You should be able to do so, by clicking the camera icon when you try to respond back to us.

Megan
dropbox.com/support

tightpurchaser
Explorer | Level 3

Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 12.43.24 PM.png

tightpurchaser
Explorer | Level 3

Megan, thanks for getting back.  Uploading the image did not leave room for typing this post.  We still have the problem of two accounts when only one is necessary.  To post the image, I had to close out of Safari and open Firefox.  In Safari the upload window looked like garbage.  The Done button was overlaid with image formats and the Upload button did not work.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @tightpurchaser, can you try downloading our app using this link, instead and not directly from the App store? 

As for your two Dropbox accounts, do you have access to both? If so, are you able to find your new files in any of them?

Megan
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tightpurchaser Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?