cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE let us choose the location of OUR Dbox folder!

PLEASE let us choose the location of OUR Dbox folder!

FedericoCampanale
Helpful | Level 5

It's been all over the net... Why do you also fall in the Apple trap?

I stopped using OneDrive bcz of its update and inability to have the root folder where I wanted. That's why I swap to your services.

Now you're going the same way... :((((

Please revise the app. It's NOT acceptable to have the OS decide for us! We're are the owner of our files, we're paying for your services, we NEED and MUST be able to choose where we keep our files. Come back to reason please.

I won't upgrade to the newest version. If the current one stop working correctly, I cancel my subscription, sorry.

Hoping for the best experience for US, not for Apple.

Thanks for considering!

4 Replies 4

eriq c.
Helpful | Level 7

This is SUCH a big deal! We are here pulling our hair out trying to find a workaround because we are loyal Dropbox users. We purchased an M1 Mac and many of us only have 512-1TB internal SSD drives so Dropbox was specifically to work around this.

This is a major, major hurdle for us. 

Inkoreakeith
New member | Level 2

This is a huge issue for me. If you do not fix this and revert back to allow us to select the location I will cancel and find a replacement product.

Emmet
Community Manager

Hello everyone, 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have passed on your issue to the appropriate team, and they are currently looking into the possibility of choosing where your Dropbox folder is located. We will update the Help Centre if this becomes a possibility.

Thank you for your feedback. 

Regards,

Emmet 

FedericoCampanale
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Emmet,

Thanks for your reply. Really hoping the team will find a way. 

I’m sure that you’ll keep a lot of users by doing this. Me included. I’ll wait and see. Hopefully soonish.

Best,

Federico 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

FedericoCampanale Helpful | Level 5
    Emmet Community Manager
    Inkoreakeith New member | Level 2
    eriq c. Helpful | Level 7
What do Dropbox user levels mean?