cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We’ve covered lots of big life moments in our ‘How we use Dropbox’ series - and now we even have some tips on how you can use Dropbox to keep the planning of a wedding as easy and as painless as possible over here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bring back the old dropbox

Right Click functionality gone in latest update

tfad
New member | Level 2

Has right click functionality (eg to create a new folder, rename etc) disappeard in the latest update or is it just me?

If it has gone can you bring it back?  Having to use the menus on the right adds time to the process

22 Replies 22

Re: Right Click functionality gone in latest update

Rich
Super User II

If you're referring to the website, then yes, the right-click menus are gone. It's unlikely that they will be back (unfortunately).

Joseph C.23
Collaborator | Level 9

I agree, we need the right-click and other fuctionality from the old vesion of the websie brought back. This new update is a waste.

kangasm
New member | Level 2
Way to make an easy to use site cumbersome to use... Perhaps right-clicking feels a bit advanced for most users nowadays. This is why so many people, given the chance, avoid updates.

RRosar
New member | Level 2

This has completely ruined my effeciency and producitivity. I praise Dropbox to almost everyone I work with. But this new update is terrible.

I work almost exclusively out of Dropbox as a self-employed freelancer - using both the app and the website. Losing right click functionality has me considering other programs. 

bring back the old dropbox

ianvan
Helpful | Level 5

bring back drag and drop, right click options and the ability to drag and drop directly to dropbox via web browser (safari in my case)  now i must open the "uploads" window and drag my files there.    the drag and drop to move files and folders and the right click options to move/delete were the one reason i use dropbox over google drive.   i know people are going to say suck it up and deal with it, its not that bad. but what is this? apple? ruining perfectly good functionality for a "new look"?  cmon.

Re: bring back the old dropbox

Rich
Super User II

The only feature you've mentioned that no longer exists is the ability to right-click. Everything else still exists and works properly.

Re: bring back the old dropbox

Swackhamer Meeh
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, and the ability to right-click is probably the one I use most often.  It's not that I cannot work around this, but it's a small-and-constant annoyance not to be able to right-click and, say, rename something.

It would have been nice to have been offered a choice about this.

laika
Explorer | Level 4
Dear Developers, not just getting used to this new "feature" causes hard times, but a sort of processes work even more difficult. For example renaming a file after another needs much more clicks. That's very inconvenient and slow and annoying. Isn't there any solution for keeping the useful right click menu and let the "less advanced users" use the new menus? The disappearing right click menu is a complete messup for me too and made me to avoid using the web browser surface of Dropbox.

Context Menu on Dropbox Web

Alaa M.
Helpful | Level 5

In the new web interface you can't right click a file and choose to download it by the context menu. Please restore this feature; it was so useful! Also Google Drive has it...

Need more support?