cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running two accounts in one desktop app

Running two accounts in one desktop app

daniszwarc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Good morning, I have two clients who share files with me through Dropbox.

I am wondering if it's possible to have the two accounts together on one desktop app, being still independent from each other.

I am not sure if "linking two accounts" is what I am looking for as none of my clients should have access to the other account.

Is this possible?

Thank you very much.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@daniszwarc wrote:

I am wondering if it's possible to have the two accounts together on one desktop app, being still independent from each other.

Linking two account doesn't give one account holder access to the other account. It's just a means of being able to sync two accounts to one computer.

You can link accounts and have them both appear on your computer if one account is a Business account and the other is a personal account (Basic, Plus, Family or Professional). You cannot link two Business accounts or two personal accounts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@daniszwarc wrote:

Linking two account doesn't give one account holder access to the other account. It's just a means of being able to sync two accounts to one computer.

You can link accounts and have them both appear on your computer if one account is a Business account and the other is a personal account (Basic, Plus, Family or Professional). You cannot link two Business accounts or two personal accounts.

daniszwarc
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you very much Rich for your answer!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

daniszwarc New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?