cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Dropbox on my new iMac so that it runs the way it was on my old one.

Setting up Dropbox on my new iMac so that it runs the way it was on my old one.

Joel S.21
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

After migrating from an older iMac (2013) running Catalina 10.15.7 to a new iMac running Ventura 13.0, I am unable to set up DB on my new iMac so that it opens the same way on the new iMac as on the old.  All of my DB files appear to have transferred to the new iMac; and the DB icon appears in the system tray at the bottom of the screen.  On my old iMac, I am able to open DB by clicking on the DB icon in the system tray without having to sign in to my DB account each time I open DB.  On my new iMac, when I click on the DB icon in the system tray I have to sign into my DB account (using my DB credentials or Apple or Google).  When I sign in to my DB account from my new iMac, I am taken to the DB files on the DB website.  When I sign on the my DB account on my old iMac, I am taken to the DB files on my iMac.  I appreciate hearing from anyone in the community who can offer suggestions on how I can replicate the DB experience on my old iMac on my new iMac. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joel S.21
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

With help from my son-in-law, I was able to sign on to DB through Google and that appears to have solved my problem, but thank you for taking the time to respond.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @Joel S.21, how are you today?

Other than your little Dropbox icon, next to your WiFi do you see a bigger Dropbox icon, on your desktop that looks like that?

It's rather odd that it asks you to sign in every single time, since this should be a one-time thing, unless you sign out. If you double click on your Dropbox icon on your menu bar, does it re-direct you to your account online? 

Finally, feel free to let me know the version of the app that you're using on your end. 

Thanks! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Joel S.21
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

With help from my son-in-law, I was able to sign on to DB through Google and that appears to have solved my problem, but thank you for taking the time to respond.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Joel S.21 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?