cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shorten link not working

Shorten link not working

Jonathan R.32
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi there!  All of a sudden, the shorten link feature in my public folder is not working - not that the link won't work - it won't shorten it anymore.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
The shorten link functionality in Dropbox has been deprecated and will likely not return. They have been heading in this direction for a while now, having first started removing the feature from other parts of Dropbox a couple years ago. This was one of the last remaining locations where it still functioned.

As Olivia stated, you will want to look at other services that provide that functionality. Bit.ly and Goo.gl are among the most popular.

View solution in original post

49 Replies 49

Cyrus D.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have experienced the same (shorten link not working). Also, when you click the cancel button nothing happens too.

Jonathan R.32
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Yes, me, too!

Ed B.25
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I noticed this started about 4 days ago. I'm glad I am not the only one experiencing this problem. Dropbox please fix this,

Jonathan R.32
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Still broken!

Kuuno P.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem here... 😞

Martyn D.3
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I'm getting that problem too. I hope Dropbox isn't going the same way as Mailbox went.

Rob D.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Multiple browsers tried - no link shortening, no cancel button working. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Can you post a screenshot? I'm curious where you're doing this because Dropbox started phasing out the ability to create shortened links years ago. One of the last places that still allowed it was when posting a share link to Twitter. I haven't seen any other reference to shortened links in at least two years.

Rob D.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Sure thing, Rich. Just trying to share a PDF from my Public folder and shorten the URL. I worked around it using Google's link shortener but here you go anyway: 

Need more support?