cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shorten link not working

Shorten link not working

Jonathan R.32
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi there!  All of a sudden, the shorten link feature in my public folder is not working - not that the link won't work - it won't shorten it anymore.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

49 Replies 49

Jonny S.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem here, it seems quite a few people still want this feature. It's how I send links to clients, I'd rather not have to shorten the link in bit.ly - get this sorted Dropbox!

Joshua D.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

same problem here.  Please fix this feature.

Marcos G.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What happened to the Dropbox's developers ?

Isn't it taking too long to be fixed ou, at least, explained?

Rob D.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Zero updates to my ticket from 12 days ago. Only acknowledgement was a generic "self-service" return mail from the Zendesk ticket system about a day after I created the ticket.

Jeff B.37
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Monday * Sept. 12th * Still not working ...

bestdesi t.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

+1 (not working)

David C.196
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I really use this feature quite often --- The Google URL shortener won't shorten Dropbox links....goo.gl

John T.37
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same here too.  I use this feature lots.  The only way I can exit the page is to use the back button on the browser

Rob D.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Another week of silence on my ticket. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Btw, I think this relates only to the public folder - which I think no longer exists on new versions, is that correct?

Correct. The Public folder is a deprecated feature, replaced by share links which can be created to any file or folder and not restricted to a single location. Newly created accounts (after October 2012, I believe) don't have a Public folder, and only Pro or Business accounts have the ability to create one (and I wouldn't expect that to last either).

Need more support?