cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Shorten link not working

Shorten link not working

Jonathan R.32
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Hi there!  All of a sudden, the shorten link feature in my public folder is not working - not that the link won't work - it won't shorten it anymore.

Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

49 Replies 49

Jonny S.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same problem here, it seems quite a few people still want this feature. It's how I send links to clients, I'd rather not have to shorten the link in bit.ly - get this sorted Dropbox!

Joshua D.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

same problem here.  Please fix this feature.

Marcos G.4
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

What happened to the Dropbox's developers ?

Isn't it taking too long to be fixed ou, at least, explained?

Rob D.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Zero updates to my ticket from 12 days ago. Only acknowledgement was a generic "self-service" return mail from the Zendesk ticket system about a day after I created the ticket.

Jeff B.37
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Monday * Sept. 12th * Still not working ...

bestdesi t.
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

+1 (not working)

David C.196
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I really use this feature quite often --- The Google URL shortener won't shorten Dropbox links....goo.gl

John T.37
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Same here too.  I use this feature lots.  The only way I can exit the page is to use the back button on the browser

Rob D.19
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Another week of silence on my ticket. 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Btw, I think this relates only to the public folder - which I think no longer exists on new versions, is that correct?

Correct. The Public folder is a deprecated feature, replaced by share links which can be created to any file or folder and not restricted to a single location. Newly created accounts (after October 2012, I believe) don't have a Public folder, and only Pro or Business accounts have the ability to create one (and I wouldn't expect that to last either).

Need more support?