cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Search function and opening app stalls on ipad since Nov 2022 update

Slow Search function and opening app stalls on ipad since Nov 2022 update

Wpsm25
New member | Level 2

It's so sloooooow now. Dropbox has become almost impossible for me to use (so slow) on ipad (not on Android, tho) since the Dropbox iPad mobile app update in mid November 2022. The search function stalls out and the app itself won't display folder results for at least 5 mins after I open it (MOST of the time, but not always.) I have not found a correlation between when this happens and the time of day or any other factor. I've tried restarting the iPad (new, still has lots of storage left) and closing and restarting Dropbox. the app store does not not display any additional available patches or updates, but does note that an update happened in mid November 2022 related to search result displays.

I know this is not my internet connection or device as I have checked both multiple ways. Dropbox is the only app affected.

Is there some sort of cache I need to clear to keep the app from stalling constantly?

1 Reply 1

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Wpsm25, thanks for letting us know about this.

You can definitely try to clear the cache of the Dropbox app, to see if that helps.

To find that option, open the Dropbox app, tap on "account" and then on the gear icon.

Let me know how it goes!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?