cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Support for Monterey/Ventura new location cloudstorage

Support for Monterey/Ventura new location cloudstorage

Valentinissimo
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Dear community members, I am asking a super basic question today, but nevertheless cannot find the information after all research I have done: I am using v161.3.4923 and I still have Dropbox folder in my Home folder (default location confirmed during fresh install, on new computer) and I was expecting to see the behavior change to the new location under library/cloudstorage as mentioned in macos-12-monterey-support.

This article mentions "November", but no reference to a year. 

I would like to know from which release onwards I can expect the new behavior described here: macos-faqs 

Best regards

V

20 Replies 20

WJ_DA_NZ
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply Megan

Since last year, all new versions of dropbox have since not been able to fix dropbox's broken feature if a file is requested as a link it will no longer auto download which has created massive time lost manually finding all the links of a file to make local, so they don't show up missing.

In design and Video production, this has really made dropbox unusable.

Most of our are now asking for an alternative.

Raphael J.1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you Megan. So finally we know that it is an Apple directive to walk this way.

I wonder what's going on with Apple, but will definitely try to avoid the new Dropbox App as long as possible.

Raphael

felicitys
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I have just upgraded the dropbox account and can no longer open my photos library, supposedly it is in the cloud but unable to access it. please advise.

felicity

eriq c.
Helpful | Level 7
Go to solution

This is a huge problem for many of us. Do a search through the forums and you'll find some specific threads about this. I agree!

Chattillion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I have been a Dropbox user for a long time, this new Dropbox for Mac OS has me looking for a new system, this is HORRIBLE. 

rotorglow
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Megan wrote:

"The updated Dropbox for macOS app has been developed to adhere to the requirements as set out by Apple therefore this update was introduced to ensure the best possible experience for our Mac users long into the future."

Megan, given Apple's "requirements" can you explain how a Mac running Ventura 13.2 and Dropbox 166.4.2920 (a new version today) still has my Dropbox folder in my home directory, and not ~/Library/CloudStorage?  Something doesn't add up.

Chattillion
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
I installed that version this morning and my Dropbox folder is in “locations” which has been a disaster. I am still experiencing file access issues. I change the permissions in finder to get access to folders. If I close finder and reopen the permission is again denied. If I move that folder over to my hard drive there is no access problem.

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @rotorglow, as the new version of the app is still being updated on devices gradually, this means that your account and devices have yet to be included in the rollout which is continuing until the end of May 2023.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rotorglow
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Jay, if the rollout of the forced-relocation of the Dropbox folder to ~/Library/CloudStorage is taking time, and some people running the latest OS who HAVEN'T had the change pushed to them are able to use Dropbox on Ventura as before, then this Apple "requirement" doesn't particularly seem like a requirement.  It feels a lot more like a "Dropbox requirement."  Combined with vague finger pointing at Apple, it's probably why people are so mad.

felicitys
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

So are you saying that until May I have no photos library and many other corrupted files.

This is not ok. Why is there no way to speak directly with someone or have any technical support. I paid enough money for this and am really regretting having anything to do with this company. Apple have tried to help but say my computer is so messed up there is little they can do. There must be some recourse for this, there are many unhappy customers posting on this site.

felicity

Need more support?