cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sync history missing after update on the Dropbox icon

Sync history missing after update on the Dropbox icon

none22
Helpful | Level 7

first it was the time remaining that went missing. now sync history, which at least showed some indication of the progress of syncing has vanished. got a message yesterday that the box that opens when you click the icon was being updated. Now today instead of sync history and activity, it shows 'your activity' and 'sharing activity' but there is nothing there. so the sync history information is no longer available and there is now ZERO indication of how far along the sync is. you just keep making the app worse and worse.

10 Replies 10

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for letting us know about this, @none22, and thanks for your feedback as well.

Can you please send us a screenshot of how the options on the Dropbox icon appear to you now?

Also, you should be able to see the sync status and version of the app, by hovering your mouse over the Dropbox icon; can you check that and let us know what you see?

Thanks.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

none22
Helpful | Level 7

when I click the icon, a box opens up. it used to show sync history and activity. now it shows your activity and shared activity. but instead of showing the progress of a sync it just says, Here You'll Find Files and Folders You've Recently Interacted With. So instead of seeing any kind of progress, the Your Activity screen just stays like that when I put in a file to sync. The only indication is the blue circle, but that gives me no idea of how far along the sync is. Before when I hovered over the icon, it would show time remaining, but that disappeared months ago. and despite repeated messages about the problem, it has never been fixed, so that too gives NO information about how the sync is progressing. before I could at least see the number of mgbs (I think that's the right unit) that had sync - now zippo.

Rich
Super User II

@none22 wrote:

it used to show sync history and activity. now it shows your activity and shared activity ...

The first time you open the window after the update you would have received a popup explaining that sync history and activity were combined into a single list. Perhaps you dismissed it quickly like I almost did.

So instead of seeing any kind of progress ...

The list still shows shows sync progress along with a list of all files that have synced. I've masked personal information, but each file listed was displaying the recent sync activity for that file, as well as the progress and size for the file that was currently syncing.

06c9ce04dc5d2e39e8c66821d219141f.png

03a0e28c63e628f835b32c9913be9ef1.png

none22
Helpful | Level 7

no - that is my point - my 'Your Activity' only shows the message saying 'Here you'll find files or folders you've recently interacted with.' It does not show anything like what you see with your Test.mp4 file. I used to be able to see that and now all I see is the message instead of the progress of the file syncing. I've tried checking preferences and elsewhere in the window to see if there is any way to get the sync info to show in Your Activity and I find nothing. I also have tried checking my account in the desktop/dropbox.com and nothing there shows the sync progress either.

none22
Helpful | Level 7

the version of the app (I think) when I hover over the icon is 200.4.7134

Mark
Super User II

@none22 wrote:

the version of the app (I think) when I hover over the icon is 200.4.7134

I've just tested and I am on the same version and its working here. 

What OS etc. are you using?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

none22
Helpful | Level 7

windows 10

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Are you still seeing the same thing, @none22?

Can you send us a screenshot, to show us what you see?

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

none22
Helpful | Level 7

drobox screen shot.jpg

still seeing the same thing - there is no information about the status of the sync just this message.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropbox Staff
    none22 Helpful | Level 7
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?