cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The "signature" function in the app on my iPad isn't working, any ideas?

The "signature" function in the app on my iPad isn't working, any ideas?

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

The 'signature' function on my dropbox isnt working any longer. When I click it, it returns my ipad to the homepage. What settings do I need to change? Will I have my saved signatures disappear?

31 Replies 31

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi there @Klix88

Thanks for checking in with us here! We'd be more than happy to help.

Could you just let us know a bit more info, such as:

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to user the feature? If so, a screenshot (without personal info) would be very helpful. 
  • Have you ensured that you have the most up to date version of the app?
  • Do you get this behavior with every or certain files?

Let us know what you find!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Klix88
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello Lusil, Yes it has occurred with every document I have tried so far. There is no message it just shuts dropbox down. I can place text, just cannot sign. Yes I have the most current version of the app.

ScottyF
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution
Hi, I check everyday to see if the signature function has been resolved and refresh the app updates too without success. Do we have a time when the bugs are to be fixed pls?

WideSmiler
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Same issue! Just started happening. Latest version of Dropbox, iOS 13.1, iPad Pro Model MU1D2LL/A2013. Re-started iPad, re-started Dropbox, tried multiple PDFs, blah blah blah no difference.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for checking that out for me @Klix88 and sorry to hear that you're also having this issue, @WideSmiler

I've sent you both a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile, so when you have the chance, please check your inboxes and we'll take it from there. 

Also, @ScottyF, I've made sure to pass your comments along to the specialized member of my team reviewing this for you. Rest assured, as soon as they have more info, they'll get back to you via email and let you know of any updates. 

Thank you in advance, everyone! 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

SteveC4872
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm also having the same issue: DropBox crashes when I attempt to sign a PDF document. This happens consistently for all PDF documents that I've tried. If I uninstall Dropbox and re-install, then the first time I sign a document (where it prompts me to actually draw my signature) it works, but any time I attempt to use an existing signature, it crashes. Very frustrating, and I hope this gets fixed soon.

Dropbox 162.2 on iPad MR7G2LL/A running iOS 13.1.2.

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @SteveC4872, welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Could you also confirm for me if you've tried clearing your cache by any chance?

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

SteveC4872
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have not previously explicitly cleared the cache. But I have uninstalled Dropbox and re-installed multiple times. 

I just now tried clearing the cache. It did not make a difference: it still crashes once I click the pen icon (after opening the PDF, and choosing "Add text or signature").

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for giving that a try, @SteveC4872

I've followed up with a ticket to the email address associated with your Community profile. 

When you have the chance, please check your inbox for my latest message. 

Thanks in advance!

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

jbsts
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Good morning

I have the same problem

Any fix ?

Thanks

@Lusil wrote:

Hi there @Klix88

Thanks for checking in with us here! We'd be more than happy to help.

Could you just let us know a bit more info, such as:

• Are you getting any error messages when trying to user the feature? If so, a screenshot (without personal info) would be very helpful. 
  • Have you ensured that you have the most up to date version of the app?
  • Do you get this behavior with every or certain files?

Let us know what you find!

No error message, only an exit out of dropbox; 
I have the last versions dropbox, adobe and Ios 13

I get in all pdf files

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

jbsts Explorer | Level 3
    Fiona Dropbox Staff
    Klix88 Explorer | Level 4
    Lusil Dropbox Staff
    ScottyF Helpful | Level 6