cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Our new Dropbox updates make your online life easier. See how you can store online-only files, edit photos in Dropbox and annotate PDFs with these updates.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Update Problem - Solved

Unable to update the Dropbox desktop application, app will stop working in 25 days

Keith a.2
Helpful | Level 5

Hi

Right click on Dropbox Icon in system tray and there's a warning message

'You're using an old version of Dropbox. Please update within the next 25 days to continue using Dropbox'

...I downloaded dropbox from the site, executed the file but nothing happended.

As the number of days decrement every 24hrs, I'm concerned what will happend post 25 days.

Dropbox version 11.4.22

Windows 10 pro

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Keith a.2
Helpful | Level 5

I regret this problem was self inflicted.....I also run 'Boxifier' and one of the config settings prevented 'Dropbox' from updating. Unset the tick box and I'm now up to date.......

....Never to old to learn

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Keith a.2
Helpful | Level 5

I regret this problem was self inflicted.....I also run 'Boxifier' and one of the config settings prevented 'Dropbox' from updating. Unset the tick box and I'm now up to date.......

....Never to old to learn

AT1
New member | Level 2
I am infinitely grateful to you! Have been trying without success to install a Dropbox update for several days, and had forgotten about the issue with Boxifier which led us to disable Dropbox updates.
Did you reset Boxifier to prevent Dropbox updates after the successful install?

Keith a.2
Helpful | Level 5

...Good to see someone else has memory problems beside myself.

I've not reset the Boxifier flag to prevent further Dropbox updates, thought I'd let it go for the time being.....I'm not convinced it's the correct approach....I guess time will tell, it's a 50/50 call!!

Mstotz
Explorer | Level 3
Good hint, thank you!

AT1
New member | Level 2
Complete memory lapse on my part! Without your revelation I would have wasted hours/days trying to achieve the impossible. I have reset the Boxifier flag (not sure why) but at least I know what to do now if I want to update Dropbox. Sincere thanks once again.

Derwood
New member | Level 2
I had the same problem - Dropbox would not run the update installer. This solution worked for me, I also uninstalled Boxifier then the installer ran and installed the update right away - problem solved. Thanks very much.
Need more support?