cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unresponsive Dropbox icon on surface Pro 3

Unresponsive Dropbox icon on surface Pro 3

cpk1
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
I have installed and reinstalled Dropbox on my Surface Pro 3 and it appears to be working. However, if I single click on the icon in the taskbar nothing happens: I do not get the list of current activity or access to the menu and settings. If I double click on the icon it opens my folder view of the Dropbox directory, a view which I cannot change because I do not have access to the preferences. The same problem existed before I tried a reinstall, but the double click opened the Dropbox desktop app. The problem with that was that the desktop app window did not fit the screen properly and was very difficult to move around. Any suggestions? Is this a Surface Pro issue?
11 Replies 11

maryblue75
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Ok, I am sorry,  

the problem got solved. 

The icon is not showing on the left of the menu bar, it instead is showing on the right grouping. 

I was confused by the dock icon,  that when clicking on it,  did not change the left  menu bar name (the one exactly next to the apple),

which was usually so in the previous version of ios. 

So I guess this is normal then ? 

thank you! 

Nancy
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @maryblue75! Glad to hear you’re seeing the Dropbox icon once more in your menu bar. 

If you click on it, what’s the syncing status that it shows? Does it indicate that the app is up to date/syncing etc?

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Nancy Dropbox Staff
    maryblue75 New member | Level 2
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?