cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dropbox makes available offline last 5 days files everyday again, even i made it online-only

dropbox makes available offline last 5 days files everyday again, even i made it online-only

CihanKilic
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

everyday , i checked some huge amount of files online-only, and left only last day files and folders to save disk space. However, dropbox change their status available offline 1 day after somehow. Is there any settings to prevent this issue, beacuse it cause to full disk. for example the files which i make it online-only today, become availlable on disk tomorrow, but i dont know how it occured. Can someone help me to solve this problem?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @CihanKilic, let's jump into this! 

Let's check the version of the app that you use on your end, just to make sure you're not using any betas, which could be causing your files to download as offline. 

I would like for you to locate your Dropbox icon. It would be on the menu or task bar, next to your WiFi and date and time icon. Once you do this, could you hover your mouse there and check the app?

Also, keep in mind that files download locally, when you open them to preview or edit. If you have third party apps syncing/using your Dropbox files. That would recall the files locally for the third party app to use them.

Having said that, are you accessing the files locally when this happens? Is there a third party system accessing these files?

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi @CihanKilic, let's jump into this! 

Let's check the version of the app that you use on your end, just to make sure you're not using any betas, which could be causing your files to download as offline. 

I would like for you to locate your Dropbox icon. It would be on the menu or task bar, next to your WiFi and date and time icon. Once you do this, could you hover your mouse there and check the app?

Also, keep in mind that files download locally, when you open them to preview or edit. If you have third party apps syncing/using your Dropbox files. That would recall the files locally for the third party app to use them.

Having said that, are you accessing the files locally when this happens? Is there a third party system accessing these files?

Keep me posted, and we'll take it from there!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

CihanKilic
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you Megan, I have checked version, there is no new installed third party tool. I have backup tool which takes backup and move them to the dropbox folder, but it was exist before. But thisproblem is new, and has occured after i update the dropbox version with this version.

CihanKilic_0-1679760421022.png

CihanKilic
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dear Megan,

as you pointed out, i found the root cause this happening which is third party tool which was exist before but now, we forgot to delete source files after move them to dropbox, therefore this tool move same things in a schedule that is why i saw older file exist as online on the disk.

Thank you for your support.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

CihanKilic Explorer | Level 4
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?