cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you new to Dropbox? Our Newcomers group is the perfect place to learn the basics, find out more here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

file sync

file sync

massilupia
New member | Level 2

Hello everybody. with the latest app update for my macbook air, the dropbox location on my mac moved and now i can't change it anymore. Moreover, I can no longer choose to synchronize some folders and others not, because the items in the drop-down menu have changed and I don't know which one to put.

6 Replies 6

Mark
Super User II

There has been some changes due to Apple updates. 

Have a read of https://help.dropbox.com/installs/macos-support-for-expected-changes and see if that helps. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

massilupia
New member | Level 2

Do you know how can I remove the sync from my Mac without losing anything? Thanks

Mark
Super User II

If you have Backup enabled you need to turn it off first https://help.dropbox.com/organize/how-to-use-dropbox-backup#disable

Then make sure everything that you need local is local (i.e. set to sync to device) and uninstall Dropbox

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

massilupia
New member | Level 2

I don't know how to figure out that everything I need locally is local

Mark
Super User II

If you are a free user it isnt relevant to you 🙂 If not do the OPPOSITE of https://help.dropbox.com/nl-nl/sync/make-files-online-only

massilupia
New member | Level 2

Screenshot 2022-12-30 alle 17.46.27.png

this is how looks like my finder. I stopped files sync but I don't know if I can delete dropbox app without losing my files.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

massilupia New member | Level 2
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?