cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Great and all as it is to hear how we use Dropbox, we want to know how you use it! Day to day, big projects, sharing files with friends and family - we want to know about it.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: "Your computer is off line. Check your network parameters" error message on the Dropbo

"Your computer is off line. Check your network parameters" error message on the Dropbox desktop app

Arthael_Sn
New member | Level 2

Dear All, 

The Apps Dropbox was working properly with Windows 11 but one day it's stop the synchronisation.

I followed some instructions and unstalled it to install it again and since this moment, it's impossible to connect the dropbox. 

Message "Your computor is off line. Check your network parameters"

I tried to use the Off line version, but same results, checked the fire wall, time & date, ...

I can't install Dropbox on my computer. 

Thank you for your assistance.

5 Replies 5

Re: DROPBOX message error "Your computor is off line. Check your network parameters"

Rich
Super User II

@Arthael_Sn wrote:

"Your computor is off line. Check your network parameters"

Something on your computer or network is blocking Dropbox from connecting. You need to determine what that is. Some antivirus packages have been known to cause this as well, so temporarily disable your antivirus and try again. Are you able to sign in to the Dropbox website or is that being blocked as well?

Re: DROPBOX message error "Your computor is off line. Check your network parameters"

Arthael_Sn
New member | Level 2

I am using kaspersky as anti virus. I desactivated it but still the same issue. I can have access online.

The issue is only with the apps. I push the button "connect" to fill my mail / password but a message is coming "you are offline, check your network". 

All was working perfectly few days before with the same configuration.

Re: "Your computer is off line. Check your network parameters" error message on the Dropbox deskt...

Hannah
Dropboxer

Hey @Arthael_Sn, have you tried restarting your computer after disabling your antivirus, to see if that helps?

If it doesn't, you can try our offline installer as well.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Re: "Your computer is off line. Check your network parameters" error message on the Dropbo

minuscustserv
Helpful | Level 5

I read your message where you said you DID try the offline version and that didn't work. 

Sometimes Windows OS puts in a firewall rule that bans apps like Dropbox. I'm not sure if Windows 11 put something in their code to ban disabling their firewall completely or not, but I would try disabling Window's firewall as well. Plus, you might need to get Windows Tech involved to see if Windows OS11 is doing the blocking.  

1. Disable all firewalls and Anti-virus. 

2. Delete all versions of dropbox.

3. Reboot computer. 

4. Check to see that Windows Firewall is still Off.

5. Check to see that anti-virus is still off. 

6.  Clear all cookies and cache in browser (just in case). 

7. Redownload Dropbox app.

8. Attempt to install it.

9. If it still does not work, bring Computer to Windows IT and ask them why their code is blocking Dropbox.

10. Keep in mind that this answer assumes you are not living in a country whose government decided to arbitrarily block Dropbox. 

The other issue might be a Windows 11 update that broke apps ability to recognize that you are connected in any shape or form. I would do a research online to see if anyone else has had this issue but did not post here to dropbox. 

signed Windows user who has had Windows Firewall issue before, after turning off antivirus software. 

This is all the ideas I have. Sorry!

Megan
Dropboxer

Hi @minuscustserv, happy Friday! 

The Dropbox client uses SSL to establish a secure connection to our servers. To ensure this is working properly, your system time should be correct and your security applications should allow Dropbox to connect. Can you check this article? 

Also, since you have an antivirus and/or firewall running, make sure you do the following:

- Allow "Dropbox" (or "Dropbox.exe") to access ports 80 (HTTP) and 443 (HTTPS).
- Add dropbox.com to the list of approved sites (white list) and make sure it is not on a black list.
- In general, you need to allow *.dropbox.com and *.getdropbox.com to access all the hosts in our domain, since our IPs are constantly changing you need to approve/unblock by domain.
- Some antivirus have special features that scan SSL traffic, please review your vendor's documentation and make sure you exclude Dropbox from the list.
- Some firewalls also act as proxies for your computer, so you might need to add them in the proxies Preferences panel to correctly connect.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!

Need more support?