cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Apps and Installations

Have a question about a Dropbox app or installation? Reach out to the Dropbox Community and get solutions, help, and advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: v142.3.4187 Native M1 Silicon?

v142.3.4187 Native M1 Silicon?

Adrie ten Bookum
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I entered the Beta program to get Dropbox into Native M1, but I see that the latest Beta version is still running under Rosetta (Intel).

Is there any outlook on full M1 silicon support without Rosetta?

The reason for asking is that I have intermittent issues on my MacBook Air M1 which I am trying to investigate with Apple Senior support. We are in the process of eliminating non-native apps.

Thx

56 Replies 56

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

I followed your original instructions with the latest Apple Silicon beta 149.3.4541, and so far so good...Dropbox icons are showing, as is the Dropbox context menu, and all folders are syncing in Offline-Only mode. Not sure what is different, this time around, but I am hopeful that this complete re-install from scratch might do the trick.

Syncing appears to have finished (of all the empty folders only, mind you), but just like the first time around that I tried this, it is hung up on “Syncing…”, but I have a feeling that this is a condition that we can figure out how to recover from, where the other situation of no icons and no context menu items was much more dire.

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

Whaddayaknow!? Syncing is finished, including two project folders that I set to be downloaded Offline, and they even show green checkmarks! After days of work on this, I may actually be back in bizness 😄

Thanks for your help!

jlaguna
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

Glad to hear this, Till! And relieved that your experience (hopefully) didn’t indicate further problems with the Apple Silicon beta. I’m guessing something simply went awry with your previous installation; I’m glad you had the fortitude to give a full reinstall One More Try.

jlaguna
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

Good news about the green checkmarks! I haven’t gotten the courage to rejoin the beta program (still on 148.4.4519) so hopefully will be seeing them myself in a forthcoming public release.

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

so, if I opt out of experimental builds now, I wouldn't get upgraded until there is a stable public release that is further along than my current beta?

jlaguna
Experienced | Level 12
Go to solution

I believe you'd actually get downgraded to a stable release if you opted out. If I were in your shoes and the beta were working for me, I'd just stick with it. It seems the developers are finally getting their sh*t together re Apple Silicon.

tillkrueger
Collaborator | Level 10
Go to solution

aight, I'll stick with the betas then...thanks.

Need more support?