Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

1 Comment
0 Likes
Highlighted
Level 2

Complete account activation Dropbox SSO on Ubuntu Mate 16.04

Hey there, I have an issue when it comes to entering the link code generated by SSO on a Linux machine running Ubuntu Mate 16.04.

I receive the code in my browser, but the Dropbox client does not have a entry field for it.

I've tried the client available in the Ubuntu repo, the latest stable version from Dropbox and the dev version 63.3.97 all to no avail.

After the link is generated the Dropbox client lists "Waiting to be linked to a Dropbox account..." above sign in.

This could possibly have something to do with integration of the file manager. Caja being the default on Ubuntu Mate and not Nautilus?

I don't have this problem with a standard Dropbox account, only while using SSO through my organisation.

1 Reply
Dropboxer

Re: Complete account activation Dropbox SSO on Ubuntu Mate 16.04

Sorry to hear about this @Codify - could you make sure you're meeting all of our minimum requirements as per the Help Center article below?

https://www.dropbox.com/help/desktop-web/system-requirements

For specifics, please click below winking face

Spoiler

Requirements for the optimal Dropbox desktop experience on Linux

To have the full Dropbox experience, you can install the application from the Linux install page. You will also need to meet all of the following software requirements:

• Glibc 2.19 or higher
  • GTK 2.24 or higher
  • Glib 2.40 or higher
  • Libappindicator 12.10 or higher
  • Nautilus 3.10.1 or higher

You will also need one of the following desktop environments:

• GNOME shell (may need the TopIcons extension to get the tray icon)
  • Unity
  • GNOME Classic
  • XFCE with the corresponding Nautilus dependencies

The Dropbox folder will also need to be on an ext4-formatted hard drive or partition.

• ecryptfs is not supported, but Dropbox will continue to sync with supported file systems that are encrypted via full disk encryption (e.g. LUKS)

If you've checked that you meet our requirements, could you let me know the results you get if you try another browser other than the one you originally used to do this? 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help you find an answer!
You won’t have to wait too long for a reply, but why not learn more about the Community while you’re here.

Not the right discussion for you? Find out what else our Community has to say about Dropbox Business.

Or, search our Help Center for even more.

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post