cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy of SOC-2 Report

Copy of SOC-2 Report

sbryant
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Does anyone know how to get a copy of the Dropbox SOC-2 report? We need it as part of a security review. I've been stuck in a loop with their support team for 3 weeks, which keeps directing me to this page (https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/standards-regulations#SOC2), which in turn advises me to contact support. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @sbryant

Sorry to hear about the frustration caused, I was glad to hear that your request has been taken care of.  

Please keep in mind for future reference that SOC-2 reports must be requested by the Sales team, since they are the ones who can provide it. Because I understand your concern regarding your overall support experience, I’d like to ask you to get back in touch either here or on our twitter/ Facebook handles in case you need assistance and we’ll make sure to do our best to proceed to resolution as soon as possible. 

If further assistance is needed, please keep me updated here. 

Hope you have a great week ahead, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Have you done as it suggested on that link and contacted the Business Sales people?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

sbryant
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Yup. The sales rep says he created a task in the system which, in spite of numerous follow-ups, has been waiting for his manager's approval for a week.

This is apart from the other three tickets I have sitting with the support team.

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
What are the ticket numbers?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

sbryant
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

FYI, I finally managed to get the SOC-2 by tweeting at their support handle. It's unfortunate, because all other avenues of following up with support, sales, and account management numerous times failed. Instead I was just just bounced around from agent to agent and redirected to contact the same numbers over and over. And after trying for 3 1/2 weeks to find someone who knew how to direct the request, tweeting was my last resort and the only successful one.

Hopefully this tale of woe helps someone else.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @sbryant

Sorry to hear about the frustration caused, I was glad to hear that your request has been taken care of.  

Please keep in mind for future reference that SOC-2 reports must be requested by the Sales team, since they are the ones who can provide it. Because I understand your concern regarding your overall support experience, I’d like to ask you to get back in touch either here or on our twitter/ Facebook handles in case you need assistance and we’ll make sure to do our best to proceed to resolution as soon as possible. 

If further assistance is needed, please keep me updated here. 

Hope you have a great week ahead, 
JaneA

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

sbryant
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for following up, Jane. As a note, the help page actually instructs users to contact Sales or Account Management for the SOC-2 report, so this page may need to be updated.  (https://www.dropbox.com/help/security/standards-regulations#SOC2) I actually contacted both groups before pinging the Twitter handle.

When I contacted Account Management, I kept being bounced around from agent to agent and redirected to that same link above which directed me to contact Account Management. This was confounding, because I thought I was talking Account Management.  The agents instructed me that I was speaking to the Support Team and needed to contact the Account Management Team, but from the userend, there is no visible difference between the Support and the Account Management. They all routed to the same place. I spoke to five different agents who filed four support tickets over the course of four weeks. I was advised that at least three of the tickets had been escalated for more specific support, but I never received follow-up after the escalations, and the agents told me they could no longer see the original tickets because they'd been escalated.

For Sales, I spoke with a gentleman who was trying to assist, but I ended up stuck waiting for the task to be approved by his managers for two weeks so they could send me a new NDA, even though I am already a customer of Dropbox. I followed up numerous times, but eventually relented and pinged the Twitter handle.

All in all, I contacted various avenues of support ten times before the team on Twitter was able to assist. 

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you can ask here.]

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

sbryant Explorer | Level 4
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?