Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Dropbox paper + safari = preview not showing

Level 3

I have used dropbox paper for a long time, always placing different files i the paper document .. resently pdf, ai or eps files stopped previewing when placed in the paper document using my safari browser. Using a chrome browser and placing files does preview, yet still using a chrome bowser and opening a paper document wherein I placed a file not previewing in safari the file still dosen't preview. Vice versa a file placed using the chrome browser both previews fine also when I open the paper document in safari ... :-( .. the problem started with me, but now also my colleagues has the same problem, and it dosn't where the file is store, even "learning how to use dropbox" pdf will not preview when palce in a paper document using a safari browser ..????

4 Replies

Re: Dropbox paper + safari = preview not showing

Dropboxer

Hey there @Flemming S. - thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Dropbox Forum!

Can you try to reproduce this issue in Safari's Private browsing mode to see if this is caused by an extension or a browser plugin you have integrated with your Safari? 

Please let me know what you find!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 3

It's the same in a private safari setting .. pdf, ai, eps files do not preview .. raster files lige png, jpg do preview normally. 

Dropboxer

Thanks for letting me know about this @Flemming S. - sorry to hear that this persists.

A quick note on this is that for Paper to work properly you need to be using Safari 9 and up .

I would really like to have a look into this though so I have contacted you via email and we can take it from there. 

Hopefully we'll find out what could be causing this specific previewing issue when embedding content into your Paper docs. 

Thanks for your cooperation and talk to you via email!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Dropboxer

Hey all! Antonio here, from the Paper team. We've identified and fixed a known root cause for this issue so you'll see embedded content previewing correctly on Safari.

If you're still seeing preview issues in Safari, send us a ticket (from Paper, you can do this by pressing the "?" > Feedback) and we'll take a look.

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Dropbox paper + safari = preview not showing
4 Replies
3 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post