Did you mean: 
Announcements
Do you want to help improve our online support experience? Learn more
6 Comments
11 Likes
Highlighted
Level 5

File Request Completion Screen

Hello - Is it possible to have a redirect after the file request to our homepage? We have an enterprise account and are using this for partnership submissions and want to have it as professional as possible.

Also, is there an ETA on getting access to the email that is included when a user submits? This would be extremely helpful for us and I know that it has been requested many times since the feature went live in 2015. 

Thank you!

1 Accepted best answer

Accepted Solutions
Dropboxer

Re: File Request Completion Screen

Thanks for your detailed message shannonc

As per your request: 

we would get access to this information to follow up with the partner directly (instead of also need to ask for it on the instapage). 

I was wondering if creating a .csv of this Activity (i.e. Received files via file request”) through your admin console would be of assistance in gathering the contributors’ email addresses. To my mind, this would let you skip the filling in step. 

Hopefully this is tip will be helpful to you, though please do keep me updated on how these steps work in regards to your request in your next post! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

6 Replies
Super User II

No, that's not possible. Dropbox has no such feature. They also typically do not give information on what features may or may not be coming. We usually wouldn't know of a feature or change until officially announced or made available in a beta.

Dropboxer

Hey @shannonc - welcome to our Community and thanks for posting your question here! 

Could you let me know more about what exactly you'd like to achieve?

Since I am not sure the features/options you mention are currently offered and I'd like to gather as much feedback about our File Requests feature, please go ahead and share your thoughts and ideas here and I will make sure to include all of your comments in my feedback report.

I hope this helps in a way and thanks in advance!

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 5

Hi @Walt3R - Thanks for your reply. We are looking for partners to sign up for a program. They review information on an instapage and then need to submit a spreadsheet of data. We are a healthcare company so transmitting files that require HIPAA security is difficult, so the file request feature is great for this! 

We would love for it to be that they are just submitting the data through dropbox and since dropbox asks for first name, last name, and email, we would get access to this information to follow up with the partner directly (instead of also need to ask for it on the instapage). Additionally after submitting, if it redirected to another page where we offer collateral for the partner to access that would be perfect. Does that make sense?

Thanks again!

Dropboxer

Thanks for your detailed message shannonc

As per your request: 

we would get access to this information to follow up with the partner directly (instead of also need to ask for it on the instapage). 

I was wondering if creating a .csv of this Activity (i.e. Received files via file request”) through your admin console would be of assistance in gathering the contributors’ email addresses. To my mind, this would let you skip the filling in step. 

Hopefully this is tip will be helpful to you, though please do keep me updated on how these steps work in regards to your request in your next post! 

Jane

Level 5

Hi @Jane - Thank you so much, that worked perfectly!

Dropboxer

Ah, pleased this workaround helped you accomplish your task shannoncUnicorn

Moving forward, you may keep in mind that as per your second inquiry: 

Additionally after submitting, if it redirected to another page where we offer collateral for the partner to access that would be perfect. 

You could check whether the url redirect (i.e. after the data submission) could also be accomplished within your website, as there are some services that can perform URL redirection on demand. 

In any event, we’re always here for any thoughts, feedback or questions you may have, so feel free to post us again & we’d happily follow-up with you as closely as possible. Until then, take care & happy Dropboxing ahead! 😊

Jane

Business Admins Support

Welcome! If you have a question about Dropbox, you’re in the right place

Post your question or search for an answer, the community is here to help

Not looking for support? Explore other features of Dropbox

Learn more about the community

Who's talking
Top contributors to this post
END WEBSITE FEEDBACK SNIPPET-->