cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

View, download, and export

Need support with viewing, downloading, and exporting files and folders from your Dropbox account? Find help from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: File is too big to preview

File is too big to preview

lhub
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have received a link to a dropbox file but when I click on it, I get the message 'This File is too big to preview'

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lhub

If you're seeing the error message This file is too big to preview, it's because Dropbox sets a limit on the size of files that can preview on dropbox.com. The file you're trying to preview exceeds this limit.

You can resolve it by downloading the file to view it.

Hope this helps!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ed
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @lhub

If you're seeing the error message This file is too big to preview, it's because Dropbox sets a limit on the size of files that can preview on dropbox.com. The file you're trying to preview exceeds this limit.

You can resolve it by downloading the file to view it.

Hope this helps!

Ed G
Community Manager @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Mick D.4
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

But can I still share it?

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
By all means Mick D.4

If you had received a shared link, you can copy & paste it in an email or save the content to your own account & re-share it anew. 

Just in case you were invited in a share (in which you’re unable to preview some files because of the error message 'This File is too big to preview’) with Edit permissions, you can re-invite your friends or colleagues (with View/ Edit rights) or share a link. 

I hope this brings a bit more clarity to the message you’ve received & please do let me know if you have any follow-up questions. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Yichengsky
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks!

[This thread is now closed. If you have a similar or new question, you could post it in the Ask a Question section here. Jane]
Need more support?