cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: GDPR - server location

GDPR - server location

fh1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

We are considering purchasing a team account standard.

Does this account guarantee the server location in the EU - or even better in Germany?

We need to know this because of the GDPR.

20 Replies 20

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Actually, to add here that the dates I gave are when it came in to effect within the UK (hence my UK link).

If your country has had requirements and compliance enforcements longer than this then its different

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

IRC
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Interesting .... I was informed, as small business owner we would need to buy more licenses .... + half of what we have at the moment, which is NO WHERE near +250.

Drop Box has to get their story aligned.

I don't believe that our files are secure in the USA.

We're now getting a server installed in our office.

We're sorry that we have to leave Drop Box Business but this is absolutely unacceptable ....

Heirwegh
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

As a small business owner based in Europe and therefore not important to Dropbox I've downgraded my plan...

I think that a reasonable price increase would be acceptable to many small businesses, but Dropbox never gave the small business owners a chance.

I looked and found another solution. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Just an update on this matter, the requirements for Dropbox Business teams to store their data on an EU server has been reduced to just 15 licenses.

If there are team admins interested in this option, they’ll need to get in contact with the sales team directly.

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

fh1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Thank you for answering.

Unfortunatly also small companies have to garantee GDPR rules.

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

What is the GDPR rule that you are worried about @fh1 that Dropbox doesn't fulfill? 

fh1
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Saving data outside the EU is a major problem.

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

Can you cite the specific rule that states that?

atccodex
Super User alumni
Go to solution

I just dont understand how that is possible since there are US based companies that service the EU and store data in the US and other countries outside the EU.

clcp
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Has the required number of licences for EU server placement been reduced further since this comment?

Need more support?