cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Known issues updated. Learn more

Help us improve our online support experience by taking our short survey!

yes

Highlighted

I'm facing a syncing issue across devices for Online-only files. Can you advise?

Level 5

I have a subset of files that i use via smartsync that i did a long time ago. I have probably 30 files set up in dropbox. I log out at work and come home to work in the files i have been working on all day. Out of the 30 files i have in my folder, only 1 is there tonight! i didn't make any changes at all to my settings, just logged out like i always do. where do i find these other files dropbox lost??? why did this happen? can i trust dropbox?? i really don't have time to mess with dropbox's issues.

6 Replies

Re: how to get my files back

Dropboxer

Sorry to hear you're missing files @mbn1 - what does your Events page state about those changes? Can you see anything there?

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 5

There is nothing there that tells me much of anything, except in the My Files list there is a folder that has (Selective Sync Conflict) next to it. I am now trying SmartSync>Online Only to see what happens. I tried syncing last night and it ran for 2+ hours. I logged into work today, i still only have 1 folder out of about 30 that i can access.

Level 5

i am trying to smartsync again. clicked online only. it ran for about an hour syncing. it now says it is  "up to date" and the check mark tells me it is done. I still only have access to 1 folder. I am trying to sync again, clicked the cog at the right of the dropbox dashboard. it says pause syncing. Why would it say that if it also says "up to date?" If it was up to date, i would assume it is done syncing, right? 

Dropboxer

This is merely to temporarily pause the syncing process @mbn1

Now, as I'd really like to have a more in depth look into your syncing issue, may I reach out via email to the address you use for your forum's profile so we can work on this together?

Walter

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Level 5

Thanks for following up Walter. Investigations yesterday discovered that someone moved a bunch of folders/files to another location (including mine) while i was working on my file. They have all been moved back to their original location and re-sync'ed. We're all good now. Thank you!

Dropboxer

Glad to hear you managed to resolve your concern in the end @mbn1!

Should you ever come up with another Dropbox question, feel free to let us know.

In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend!

Walter

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

I'm facing a syncing issue across devices for Online-only files. Can you advise?
More about this post
6 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See answer
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post