cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Plans and Subscriptions

Ask the Dropbox Community for help if you have questions about your Dropbox plan or subscription. Find solutions and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've accidentally joined a Dropbox Business team & I'd like to go back to a personal account.

I've accidentally joined a Dropbox Business team & I'd like to go back to a personal account.

hemituner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I really need some live help I am afraid my account is compromised

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey hemituner, as we can only work on account-specific matters via our Official Support channel (we’ll need to investigate sensitive account-related info in more depth), I’ve made sure to run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your newest open ticket & I can see that you’re currently discussing it with my colleague there. 

I’ve included your comments & rest assured that you’re in safe hands. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & please include all relevant details on that email chain, as they can access your account specifics there & they can further advise how to best resolve the issue you’re facing. Thanks!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Richard43 wrote:

How do I leave the business acount? Need to contact someone.

You need to contact the team admin of the Business account and ask them to convert your account back to an individual account.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Richard43, Rich’s advice is the best way to go at the moment!  

I’ve also run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your newest open ticket & I’ve replied to you there. You may have a look at your inbox for my latest message whenever you get a chance & please let me know how you’d like us to proceed on that discussion. 

Thanks again for posting us on our Community & enjoy the rest of your day until we talk again Richard! 

Jane
dropbox.com/support

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

18 Replies 18

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Unless you are a business user at the correct level there is none I'm afraid.

www.dropbox.com/support to log and http://dropbox.zendesk.com to track issues are the only way.

In terms of compromised, how? What makes you think that?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

hemituner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I accidentally made the wrong selection when joining a team invite now my db is merged with theirs and I cant get them to un-do it I am afraid they now have access to my personal dropbox

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

If you believe your account in compromised, you should go to your Security page and change your password. Then check the list of devices and web browser sessions that are associated with your account and remove any that you don't recognize.

Beyond that, you'll need to contact Support directly as only they can assist with account related matters.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users). If you have a Business account that includes chat and/or phone support, those options are available in your Admin console by clicking Help.

hemituner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Is my entire DB folder available for the team to view??? How do I figure it out?

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@hemituner wrote:

I accidentally made the wrong selection when joining a team invite now my db is merged with theirs and I cant get them to un-do it I am afraid they now have access to my personal dropbox

You'll still need to contact Support using the information above, but the admin for the business account will still need to approve the restoration of your account back to a personal account. This is because, after joining a team, the account now belongs to the business; it's no longer a personal account.

The easiest way to have it restored is to contact the team admin for the account as they have the ability to restore it back to a Personal account. If they can't or won't do it, you'll need to contact Support directly to see what they can do.

hemituner
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

By adding my folder do the admins have access to the contence of the folder even if I didnt share it with them?

Mark
Super User II
Go to solution
Quite possibly.

It depends upon what sort of Team and account you have joined.

You may be able to leave it by following https://www.dropbox.com/help/business/account-deleted-from-team

But, if not you need to log a ticket and ask for support.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution
If you've merged your account into the team, then the account and any data within it is accessible by the team admins. Even if your data doesn't appear within the team folder, the admins have the ability to sign-in as you to access the content of the account.

Jane
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey hemituner, as we can only work on account-specific matters via our Official Support channel (we’ll need to investigate sensitive account-related info in more depth), I’ve made sure to run a search on our system on my end, I’ve located your newest open ticket & I can see that you’re currently discussing it with my colleague there. 

I’ve included your comments & rest assured that you’re in safe hands. 

I hope that this is helpful to you & please include all relevant details on that email chain, as they can access your account specifics there & they can further advise how to best resolve the issue you’re facing. Thanks!

Jane
dropbox.com/support

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mira2 New member | Level 2
    Jane Dropbox Staff
    niksarov New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?