cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable email notifications for the team instead of individually.

Disable email notifications for the team instead of individually.

Lemmings
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

The business does not need to have the "

TIA

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Lemmings  - welcome to our forums!

As you've probably noticed by now, we don't have a way to turn off digest emails for the entire team right now. As a workaround, each individual user on the team can turn off their own digest emails.  The steps to do this, if you want to share them with your members directly, are:
- Go to dropbox.com
- Click on your picture on the right top corner
- Select "Settings"
- Click on "Notifications"
- There you will find all the emails we are sending currently to your account, feel free to untick any you would like to avoid. 

Having said that and as I understand the significance of this for you and your team - I've made sure to pass your comments on to our dev team for future consideration.

I know it's not much but I sure hope this helps to some extent while I also remain at your disposal should you come up with any additional feedback or questions -  just let me know.

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey there @Lemmings  - welcome to our forums!

As you've probably noticed by now, we don't have a way to turn off digest emails for the entire team right now. As a workaround, each individual user on the team can turn off their own digest emails.  The steps to do this, if you want to share them with your members directly, are:
- Go to dropbox.com
- Click on your picture on the right top corner
- Select "Settings"
- Click on "Notifications"
- There you will find all the emails we are sending currently to your account, feel free to untick any you would like to avoid. 

Having said that and as I understand the significance of this for you and your team - I've made sure to pass your comments on to our dev team for future consideration.

I know it's not much but I sure hope this helps to some extent while I also remain at your disposal should you come up with any additional feedback or questions -  just let me know.

In the meantime, have a lovely weekend!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Genevieve222
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I agree that this would be a good feature to be able to turn off digest emails by default. My team doesn't need this at all.

aap2
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

also agreed, i would like this feature added to dropbox aswell so it can be centrally managed.

The workaround provided is ok for a handful of end users with 1 device each.... unfortunately on a larger scale, this workaround solution is not a solution

Walter
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for showing your interest in this people ( @Genevieve222 & @aap2 ) - I'll make sure to add your comments in my feedback report to the relevant product team. 

That being said, I also moved this to the 'Share an Idea' section for better visibility and so that other users can upvote this feature request - an option for team admins to be able to disable the weekly digest emails for the whole team that is (through the Admin Console from what I can imagine). 

Should you have any more feedback, do let me know please; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

cmacadmin
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello,

It is now 4/2/2020. Is this feature now added?

Thank you

troolos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hello, out company didn't ask for more e-mail spam. Please disable it by default and make it possible as an admin to disable it for the complete company.

jonathan8
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Please can you let us know if the feature for admin to stop email notifications for all users has been implemented?

troolos
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
This is really a large GDPR privacy issue. In violation with privacy rules. Unbelievable that Dropbox doesn’t see this as a major GDPR leak. It

MJPHIN
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hi

This is a follow-up to a previous thread which seems to have been closed but not resolved.

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-teams-admins/Weekly-Digest-emails-disable-for-all-users/td-p...

2.5 years have passed since the orignal inquiry, and 14 months since your last comment: bearing in mind that thsi concerned a potentially serious data privacy issue, could you please state what action has been taken to rectify the situation? Else, we will need to escalate to the Information Commissioner's Office (the UK AUthority for Data Protection).

Thanks,

Matt

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

troolos Explorer | Level 4
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    MJPHIN New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?