cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

no

Highlighted

Is it possible to rename the Dropbox Business root folder?

Level 2

I have linked my Personal and Business accounts.  On my PC (see photo), I have the following root folders:

(a) Dropbox (Personal), and

(b) COMPANYNAME Dropbox

Capture.JPG

Is there a way yo rename the the second folder (b) from COMPANYNAME Dropbox to Dropbox (COMPANYNAME) - either with or without parentheses?

When I sort alphabetically, I'd liked for the two root folders to appear next to each other.

3 Replies

Re: xIs it possible to rename the Dropbox Business root folder?

Dropboxer
Hey there @juddza,

Currently it isn’t possible to change the name of the Dropbox folder on your desktop. What I could suggest as a work around (if you’re a team admin) would be to rename the Dropbox team. Nonetheless, I’ll be more than happy to pass along your feedback to our dev team for consideration!

Sorry I can’t be of more help here, let me know if you have any other questions though - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

My team has the same problem.

@Daphne

If you look at this article, is clearly says that our folders are supposed to be named;

Private:
Dropbox (PERSONAL)

Business:
Dropbox (COMPANYNAME)

Then how come the Business folder is named "COMPANYNAME Dropbox" and not "Dropbox (COMPANYNAME)"?

Is this a setting? How do we fix this? 
We tried renaming the folder by renaming the Dropbox Team(Admin setting), but it still gives us "COMPANYNAME Dropbox".

We are all on Macs, and our entire team has this problem.

Screenshot: upload_502209295729036425.jpg

Dropboxer
Hey there Jeppe!

So this is the expected naming of the Dropbox folder if you are using the new Dropbox Business structure. It’s a little different in the general folder layout which you can recognize and check with the details in this link here.

I understand that this is not ideal for you, so I will make sure to send this along to our dev team and let them know of your feedback, for renaming the folder mentioned by @juddza and the Help Center article linked by @jeppebandersen.

Hope this helps to clarify and apologies for any confusion - Thanks!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! 

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Is it possible to rename the Dropbox Business root folder?
3 Replies
1 Like
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post