cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Security and Permissions

Start a discussion in the Dropbox Community forum to get help with your account security and permissions. Find support from Community members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox segfaults during launch

Issue with the Dropbox application v52 (freezing/ crashing) on Mac devices.

teranisi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Recently I noticed Dropbox.app is not running on my MacBook Pro (El Capitan).

When I run following command on a terminal,

$ /Applications/Dropbox.app/Contents/MacOS/Dropbox

many messages are listed, and after a while, it stops as follows.

..... dropbox: thread d0eb58 is not a python thread

Segmentation fault: 11

The version is the latest version which I downloaded from the site today.

Any suggestions?

65 Replies 65

bwa
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Oh man - Best day ever!!!

@Thanks wrote:

Thanks man! you saved my life 🙂

Lucio
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

OK! Would it be possible for any of you that presented this issue to give this beta a try and report back here whether or not the issue persists for you?

Thanks!

Positive vibe!

teranisi
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Fantastic!

VerTex
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi There!

I also can acknowledge that the beta release 53.3.65 works as it should on my OS X 10.9.5 system. Thank you very much for fixing this issue so fast!

Best Regards from Germany

Robert

Djm197209
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hello,

I've received the following assistance from Dropbox Support that appears to have solved the issue.  I'm posting the relevant portion of the email I received yesterday.  

Luke, Jun 26, 6:37 AM PDT:
Hi there,

The development team has released a new beta version of the Dropbox desktop application that may resolve the issue you are experiencing.

If you would like, you can download this version of the Dropbox desktop application from the following link:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Desktop-client-builds/Beta-Build-53-3-65/m-p/282044#M4928

If this resolves the issue, you should be able to continue using this version as it will update automatically to the next available build going forward.

Please let me know if the issue persists after installing this version.

Thank you.

Regards,
Luke

Lucio
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That's good to know. It seems that's the same version I shared. We'll also deploy the fix soon to the stable branch so you can expect it there as well. Thanks everyone for reporting again!

Positive vibe!
Need more support?