Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

Share a group with someone from another account

Level 3

I am trying to give access to my group to someone that already has a dropbox account with another group. I get the error that the person can't be added because he is a member of another group. How can I add him to my group?

2 Replies

Re: Share a group with someone from another account

Dropboxer

Hey there @eberrios69 - how are you today?

If I understood correctly and you're indeed a Team Admin on a Dropbox for Business team account and you're trying to add someone to your team (i.e. group as you mentioned) with an email address they're already using for another team account, you'll need to invite them to your team on another email address since there is no way to be a part of two different team accounts with the same email address (and therefore the same Dropbox account). 

If they'd like to convert their account back to an individual one, they'll need to ask their Admin to do it from their end. From that point you'll be able to add this person to your team with the email address that's already in use if needed indeed.

I hope this makes sense to you while I'm always at your disposal for any further questions you might have. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Re: Share a group with someone from another account

Level 3

Thank you!

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

Share a group with someone from another account
2 Replies
0 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post