cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues updated. Learn more

yes

Highlighted

What does the "Disconnected" member status mean on the admin console?

Level 12

Hello

I have a couple of questions about Dropbox Business member status.

When you go to Admin Console>Member, you will see a dropdown menu for "Member type" on the right. 

1. What does "Disconnected" status mean?
  2. If you are "suspended", what will actually happen when you try to log into your account? 

Thank you.

Meg

7 Replies

Re: Dropbox Business Member Status

Dropboxer
Hey Meg (@jazzmeg1), happy March (🌷) & thanks for checking in on the Dropbox Community on this inquiry! 

To answer your questions, disconnected members are those users that have had their Dropbox account converted from the Business to a personal account away from the team. From there, if a user has been suspended, they’ll receive an email letting them know of the change & (if they’ve attempted to sign in or create a new account in the meantime) they’ll also see error messages informing them of their current status. Kindly bear in mind that when an account is suspended, all of the files are still safe within the team account & the admin has the choice to reinstate or delete its contents. 

Hopefully my message answers your queries & please do let me know on this discussion if you have further questions about any of the above. Have a lovely Friday ahead until we talk again Meg!

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
Arrows Counter Clock Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Level 12

Hi Jane,

Thank you for the quick response.

It was really helpful.

Thanks again.

Meg

Dropboxer

Sure, anytime Meg (@jazzmeg1)! I’m always around, so feel free to ping me back again in case you have more questions in the future! Unicorn

Jane

White check mark Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Disconnected members

Level 7

I have a prior employee who we 'disconnected' when she left the company over a year ago. She is still listed as 'disconnected' on the members list. Is there any reason to maintain this listing, and if not, any way to remove it?

Re: Disconnected members

Dropboxer
Hey Jim (@jimssss), thanks for checking in with us here. I haven’t talked to you in a while; I hope you’ve had a great Friday so far! 

For starters, I’ve moved your post under this discussion here, just in order to ping you on my post above. From there, let me quickly re-iterate that disconnected members are those users that have had their Dropbox account converted from the Business to a personal account away from the team. 

This is merely a view you could utilize for tracking purposes Jim, as you can create an Activity Report from there, however kindly note that there isn’t currently a way to disable this listing. 

Hopefully my message sheds a bit of light & please do let me know here if you have more questions or thoughts on the matter!

Jane

Level 7

Hi Jane,

Thanks, I thought as much but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Cheers!

Dropboxer
Indeed, it was a great question & it's always a pleasure working with you. Wishing you a wonderful weekend ahead Jim (@jimssss)!

Jane

Business Admins Support

Have a question? Our Dropbox Community is here to help!

Post your question or search for an answer below.

Learn more about using the Community by reading our Community Guidelines.

Hi anonymous,

If you need more help you can log a ticket with our Support Team here (expected response time 24 hours), or contact us on Twitter or Facebook.

For more info on available support options, see this article.

If you found the answer to your question, please 'like' the post to say thanks to the user!

What does the "Disconnected" member status mean on the admin console?
7 Replies
2 Likes
Solved! : See solution
Who's talking
Top contributors to this post