cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Business Tips & tricks

Discover new ways to use Dropbox or share your tips with other Admins.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF fillable Form

PDF fillable Form

MHMichel
Explorer | Level 4

I have created a fillable PDF form with several fields on my computer. Then this form has been synchronized with Dropbox.
The form works fine except when it is used from Dropbox Web version (Impossible to modify the form). 

If the form is imported from Dropbox Web into my computer, it is working fine. 

I would like to know what should be done on Dropbox to allow the use of this fillable form using Dropbox Web version.

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: PDF fillable Form

Mark
Super User II

I think the issue is that Dropbox isnt a hosting platform - so it has nowhere to 'send' the filled form in as the Dropbox website doesnt process HTML etc. It is simply a way to preview files. 

The only way to do this is to get the person to download and save it before then completing it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark
Super User II

I think the issue is that Dropbox isnt a hosting platform - so it has nowhere to 'send' the filled form in as the Dropbox website doesnt process HTML etc. It is simply a way to preview files. 

The only way to do this is to get the person to download and save it before then completing it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

MHMichel
Explorer | Level 4

Thanks a lot for your answer and clear explanation. 

This is confirming what I was thinking.

No problem at all. I'll continue to explain to the other users of this form that they have to download the form before filling it.

Take care and thank you for understanding my english as I'm french.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

MHMichel Explorer | Level 4
    Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?