cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Business Tips & tricks

Discover new ways to use Dropbox or share your tips with other Admins.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricted content for paid membership site solution?

Restricted content for paid membership site solution?

tikkitikkitembo
New member | Level 2

I run a website that sells paid membership plans to our users. One of the perks of membership is that users can access our library of SFW content (PDF documents). I would like to use Dropbox as our library and for sharing this content with our paid members. I believe a solution for that would be to send them the link to a password-protected folder in the welcome email we send upon their purchasing a membership. A problem I haven't figured out a solution to, however, is how do I rescind access to the content once a member cancels/stops paying for their membership? Our website is built on WordPress and we use Memberful as our member-management platform.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Thank you in advance for your insight.

1 Reply 1

Re: Restricted content for paid membership site solution?

Mark
Super User II

Simply put - dont do it. 

Dropbox just isnt designed for this. Dropbox is not a web hosting site or service, its a syncing tool. 

Use a proper hosting tool with proper content management 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?