Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experimental Build 3.11.44

8 Comments
7 Kudos
Dropboxer

Experimental Build 3.11.44

Happy Thursday! We’ve got a new experimental build for you in the 3.11 series!

New in 3.11.44:

• Fix badge position and other bugs
  • More fixes for hovering on Mac tray
  • Other small fixes

New in the 3.11 series:

• New functionality for the badge:
    • View if the document is shared, and change sharing permissions
    • Email file from the badge
  • UI improvements for the Tray Popup on Mac
  • Changes to how the client runs before a user signs in
  • Many small fixes and improvements

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 Offline Installer]

Auto-updates: 3.11.x clients

8 Replies
Level 1

Re: Experimental Build 3.11.44

Dropbox tray icon just showed up for me with this version in Fedora 23 KDE Plasma 5.4.2. Granted it looks like crap, its at least there now and functional. Icons have a transparent background, but there is like a place holder under the icon that is randomly colored and shaped. I tried to remove the icons from the .dropbox-dist location. The place holder still showed up but no dropbox icon. Not sure whats causing the discolored ugly background. 

Level 2

@Ryan G. It sounds like you're using xembesniproxy... perhaps from my repo, since it's not in the stock Fedora 23 repositories yet. Edit: I see that it's just been added to the updates-testing repository as part of the plasma-workspace package. That's a workaround for dropbox just not doing the "right thing" (TM) slightly smiling face and refusing to use a version of Qt that has functional system tray (SNI) support baked in. The problem with it looking "randomly coloured and shaped" is a known bug with xembedsniproxy - and is due to dropbox doing weird things with their xembed (deprecated technology) system tray. To properly fix things, dropbox needs to upgrade their Qt - or at the very least fix their broken xembed implementation.

So, for me on Fedora 23, Plasma 5.4.2, with the xembedsniproxy workaround disabled (as it should be!), things are still broken.

Hence, I'd like to report that basic syncing is still working fine on linux. Sadly still no fixes for the major linux bugs (including autostart functionality!) that have gone neglected for many months now :-( So sad that relatively minor fixes just don't get any attention... It's now more than 276 days without the issue being fixed - and that's only since the new forums only go back that far!

Level 3

Tried this and have no context menu options when right-clicking files located in my dropbox.  Lost the feature all of sudden today on 3.10.8 and tried this build hoping it would fix it.  No such luck, though.  On Win7 x64.

Level 1

Nicholas O. Thanks. I was going to say that I did not install xembesniproxy manually, but if its in updates-testing as part of plasma-workspace, then I do have it installed. It does not show up when I do a dnf list installed. How would I go about disabling it, if I get tired of looking at that horrid icon?

Thanks 

Level 2

@Ryan G. That's okay slightly smiling face It wouldn't show up as a separate package - but it's been moved into the plasma-workspace package. TO disable it - just kill it:

killall -9 xembedsniproxy

should do the trick!

Level 3

Michele B.

If I right click a folder I get the context menu like this:

http://i.imgur.com/X2GrlGP.png

When I right-click a file I get NO dropbox context-menu options like this:

http://i.imgur.com/14PePGL.png

Level 3

Sorry, I don't know how to explain it any clearer, but I will try.

On Win7 x64, sometime in the last week, I no longer see any dropbox context-menu entries when right-clicking a file that is within my dropbox folders.  So I do not get the options for Share dropbox link, View on Dropbox.com or anything similar.

HOWEVER, when I right-click a folder  in dropbox I do get the options for Share Folder Settings, Share Dropbox link and View on Dropbox.com.

So the problem is that I have no context-menu dropbox options on files located in dropbox.  I read this was an issue resolved a few versions back, decided to try the experimental build and still have this same problem.

Level 3

I have tried fresh installing already with no success