Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Candidate 3.14.2

24 Comments
56 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Release Candidate 3.14.2

I would like to confirm Yan P.'s experience with 3.14.2 (64bit) - no icon for Linux Mint 17.3.  

I'm also having a problem uploading large quantities (GB+) of data - my internet connection is v slow uploading so these can take a log time.  Within 24 hours memory (8GB) and swap are full on a machine running no other significant software and the load average is up at around an unbelievable 16-20. The only way to recover it is to restart with a magic SysRq

Level 1

Level 1

I like everyone's 

Level 1

Dropbox 3.14.2 appears to be working fine on my Windows 7 computer.  However, it's failing to start at all on my Windows 8 computer.  I attempted to install 3.12.6, but it just auto-upgrades to 3.14.2 and then crashes. 

Please help!

Thanks so much.

(Probably relevant for you to know:
Due to longstanding as-yet-unresolved Windows Update issues, the Win8 machine does *not* have the latest updates.  In particular, it has not been able to get the big rollup update KB2919355, upon which all significant updates in the past year or so have depended.  I don't anticipate being able to resolve this particularly soon.)

UPDATE:
I changed my settings to not include me on early releases, then reinstalled 3.12.6 ... it still crashed in the same way and would not run.  Rebooted and reinstalled, and now 3.12.6 is up and running and has finished syncing.  So I'm good for now.  Will report back if that changes.

Highlighted
Level 3

Using Dropbox 3.14.2 on a Windows 7 x64 computer slowed down Windows Explorer when manipulating files and folders.

Every single file/folder operation now has a pause of a few seconds where it appears that Windows Explorer has crashed, but then it resumes all normal operations.

Simply browsing the directory structure has a noticeable lag to it.

I had to revert back to the latest Dropbox stable build to remove the issue.