Did you mean: 
Announcements
Known issues - updated July 19th see more

Stable Build 3.8.9

19 Comments
6 Kudos
Level 1

Re: Stable Build 3.8.9

I have Dropbox 3.8.9 on my Mac (Version 10.10.5) and it has been locking up when I'm working in Word and trying to get a second file to open simultaneously. I lose all changes to the original document. Can't close the files out or save! What is the fix? Or do I need to find something besides Dropbox to store my files?

Dropboxer

Hi Karen C.

Does word work again when you pause/quit Dropbox?

Level 1

What first happens is that Word gets locked up as well.  I have to force quit to get out of all of it. Word will work again alone and if I move a file from Dropbox to the desktop.  But I should be able to open a word file, change it, and save it without it locking up.

Dropboxer

Hi Karen C.

Thanks for the information.

What version of Word are you using?

Level 1

Word for Mac 14.5.1

Level 1

Crash when start on Windows 10 Insider 10532.

Level 1

oy,, 2 de octuvre me voy a fin de semana de liderasgo A conerico estaremos alla  234 o  sea Viernes,,Savado  y Doming  REGRESAMAS  domingo de noche para lunes salir al  Avolantiar en la calle

Level 1

I could not get any of the above methods to work. Downloaded Dropbox 3.10.7 could not delete previous version using any method because it appeared to be open. Control clicked Dropbox Application to show Package Contents and deleted whole package. Loaded 3.10.7 and double clicked a Dropbox file and it is now all normal.

Level 1

I'm brand new at this and there seems to be a "bit of a learning curve" so patience is the "order of the day."  LT

Highlighted
Level 1

• (1)  Even after I had downloaded and installed dropbox I found it impossible to login  in order to use the program.  I was finally advised by dropbox support to try logging in at the dropbox web site.  

.   (2)  I started using the dropbox program before I had an acceptable (to dropbox) an acceptable e-mail address and matching password.  There seemed to be no mutual understanding of the problem or solution.

.    (3)  The turning point came when I was advised by dropbox that another update had been released by dropbox and that we should try it, which I did.  I downloaded the .9 update and low and behold I was able to get an address/password and start the program.  Thank you for the update.  LT    

PS:  I think I will enjoy and benefit from the program now that all the obvious problems are taken care of  (hopefully).  LT

Still stuck? Contact Support directly, or ask a question on the community.
Still stuck?
Top Contributors
Rich 4933
Mark 3902
Jane 1121
Greg K. 830
Tom_M 886