Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stable Build 9.4.49

34 Comments
128 Kudos
Highlighted
Dropboxer

Stable Build 9.4.49

Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

Download

Windows      [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Mac OS X   [Standard Installer] [Offline Installer]
     Linux   [x86_64 Offline Installer] [x86 OfflineInstaller]

Auto-updates: In progress

34 Replies
Level 6

Re: Stable Build 9.4.49

I am currently installing on 3 identical VM's (they were imaged off the same master), and 2 selected 8.4.21 and one selected 9.4.49 as the release version. when going to www.dropbox.com\install , All 3 are using the same ISP, but different gateways.

Its a bit disconcerting when it appears external influences affect what version presented!

And really a "release notes" link on your main install page that goes to BUTTKISS ALL! One tends to expect you dont have release notes now due to the only note would be "OMG patched faults" :(

Level 1

> Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes.

And what's new? Why are you publish a release note? Save the time!

Level 5

New in this release: we upped the version number from 8 to 9.

Level 3

"Thanks for using Dropbox! The desktop client is regularly updated with many improvements and fixes."

We are deploying dropbox clients for large buisnesses, and all we get is the client is updated with fixes.

Is there anyone who can tell us what is updated, and what fixes that is made? Or is it just a simple test build gone wrong in the lab, like 8.4.20?

Please let us know something, dropbox!

Level 1

I had the versioning issue on my Mac download as well. One computer gave me v9 when going to the auto download page, the other v8. Made me wonder if v9 had been pulled for some reason.

Dropboxer

New stable versions of the Dropbox desktop client are rolled out over the course of several days. During that time, different computers could be running the latest or the previous stable version. Within a few days, desktop clients running the previous version will automatically update to the latest.

Level 6

@Josh K. Today at 05:44

"New stable versions ... blah blah blah ... latest."

Was that meant to address my issue? Cause it failed completely. 

I said the download page presented two different versions as the current one, someone else has reported it also. This has nothing to do with the auto update feature, its to do with the in ability to rely on the web site for consistency, and if you cant trust the behavour of the dropbox web download point, then what makes you think you can trust the behavour of what is downloaded from there?

Dropboxer

New stable versions are rolled out both on the website download page as well as via autoupdate. During a rollout, going to the website downloading page can result in downloading either the latest or previous stable version. If the previous stable version is downloaded and installed, it will automatically update to the latest version within a few days.

Super User II

So since you're here, Josh, how 'bout an update on what's happening with those change logs?