cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A shared folder was missing from my Dropbox folder, so I resynced it and it's still not there

A shared folder was missing from my Dropbox folder, so I resynced it and it's still not there

Jackie3191
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I was given access to a shared folder yesterday.  I was able to access it on the Dropbox website and in Windows File Explorer.  Today it is gone from Explorer.  I logged in online and it is there, so I tried going to Dropbox on my task bar, preferences, sync, selective sync and checking the box next to this shared folder.  I let it do it's thing, rebooted my computer and? Nothing.  Still not there.  Has anyone else had this issue recently?

Note: Yesterday I did have an error in Dropbox itself saying "Dropbox is experience some issues.  Before opening online-only files and folders, right-click and choose Make Available Offline."  I'm not sure if this is relevant to my current issue or if it is something separate.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Ryan  wrote:

The error went away on it's own?

@Ryan @Jackie3191 

There was an issue with shared folders and files but it has been resolved. If you haven't already, I would try again.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Hannah
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @Jackie3191, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Which version of Windows are you running on your computer?

Have you checked the sync status of the Dropbox app for any issues?

You can do so, by hovering over the Dropbox icon in your system tray with your mouse. 

While you do that, please also check the version of Dropbox you have installed and let me know.

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Ryan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm running windows 10, and recently had access to a folder (through file explorer and the web), now I can only access through the web. Only difference is my folder is shared- not synced. Any idea what the issue could be?

Jackie3191
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks for the quick response!  I'm running Windows 10, Dropbox version 153.4.3932.  The error went away and dropbox says current.

Ryan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Jackie3191
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Seems so.  I had the error Friday and then again on Monday,  When I logged into my computer yesterday it was gone.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Ryan  wrote:

@Ryan @Jackie3191 

There was an issue with shared folders and files but it has been resolved. If you haven't already, I would try again.

Ryan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Thank you!

Ryan
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Still nothing. I deleted and reinstalled the application about 2 hours ago. 

Jackie3191
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Same.  I resynced and rebooted and my folder is still not there.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropbox Staff
    PR W. New member | Level 2
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?