cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Not happy with your Spotify Wrapped? Check out how Kevin on the Dropbox team used Paper to make sure he keeps discovering new music over here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask
Comments

Re: Deleted files

Can you help me restore some deleted files?

Liz S.
New member | Level 1

I am trying to retrieve deleted files but do not get the restore option on my toolbar. Can anyone help?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Stefanie
Dropboxer

Patricia,

Could you explain what you mean by "I can't find the Deleted Files icon again". You should still be able to visit your Deleted files page on https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files. There you will be able to see all deletion events. If you don't have a self-serve restore option, please feel free to reach out to Dropbox Support on https://www.dropbox.com/support. We'll double check for you weather these files can still be restored.

Please keep in mind what Mark said though: extended version history does not apply retroactively, but only from the day you bought it onwards.

Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

How long ago were the files deleted? As a Basic user, if they were deleted more than 30 days ago they cannot be recovered.

Patricia A.2
New member | Level 1

Upgraded to retrieve files lost from NoteMaster, etc during syncing attempts. I saw they were in Deleted Files folder in Dropbox, but after upgrade and history addon I can't find the Deleted Files icon again.

Mark
Super User II

Patricia, Upgrading and extended recovery are not retroactive. They will only work from the day of purchase. You cannot pay to get files back after the 30 days I'm afraid. 

Those files are now gone. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Patricia A.2
New member | Level 1

That is a cruel Catch 22. Apparently the files were there in the Deleted Files folder until I upgraded - and then were destroyed without obvious warning?

Mark
Super User II

The deleted items list / events etc. stay even if they are unrecoverable as a historic log. Upgrading wont change that.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Stefanie
Dropboxer

Patricia,

Could you explain what you mean by "I can't find the Deleted Files icon again". You should still be able to visit your Deleted files page on https://www.dropbox.com/deleted_files. There you will be able to see all deletion events. If you don't have a self-serve restore option, please feel free to reach out to Dropbox Support on https://www.dropbox.com/support. We'll double check for you weather these files can still be restored.

Please keep in mind what Mark said though: extended version history does not apply retroactively, but only from the day you bought it onwards.

Thanks!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community here.]

Need more support?