cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does the Dropbox works in a similar manner to iCloud, in regards to saving files?

Does the Dropbox works in a similar manner to iCloud, in regards to saving files?

Gabreke
New member | Level 2

Good evening,

I am planning to start using Dropbox as my cloud storage instead of iCloud. I am an Apple user. The only thing that is stopping me to do this is a question about the Photo Storage service.

In iCloud, the photos are transferred automatically to the cloud and a low quality version of the photo is stored on my Iphone, saving space and having an easy access to the photos. Does the Dropbox Photo Storage work in a simmilar manner? Or to save space on my Iphone using Dropbox I would have to delete the photo once uploaded to the cloud?

1 Reply 1

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Gabreke, welcome to our Community! 

You were correct on the last point on your thread. 

Essentially, when you upload your content to Dropbox, the original content will still remain on your phone, until you decide to delete it. 

I hope this clarifies, let me know if you have any other questions! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?