cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox Paper web not showing lots of paper files but iOS Paper App shows the missing files

Dropbox Paper web not showing lots of paper files but iOS Paper App shows the missing files

jay_the_manque
New member | Level 2

I've noticed recently that when I try to go directly to dropbox paper that I cannot - I have to go through dropbox.com now first. Also, more importantly, I'm missing over 100 dropbox paper files on web. I can still see them on the iOS Paper App but those files do not show up on my browser on web anymore (chrome, updated version). What gives?? I was using dropbox paper for taking notes during meetings. I rely on those notes for presentations and updates. Now I can't access and share those notes in a conference call - I can't show my mobile device on web-based zoom call (nor would I want to). What gives? I'm going to have to stop using dropbox altogether if this issue isn't resolved. 

6 Replies 6

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jay_the_manque, welcome to our Community! 

Have you by any chance checked your deleted files page, to see what you can find there? 

As for the mobile app, can you check and let me know if it's up to date, and what version you're using? 

Keep me posted! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

jay_the_manque
New member | Level 2

Hi Megan, thanks for the response. Yes, I've checked my deleted files, there are no deleted files on web. I only see dropbox paper files from September 2021 on Web (besides the most recent files i've created after I noticed the change). I used to be able to go to paper.dropbox.com but now I get re-routed to dropbox.com/home. I'm using iOS App version 397.2 for the Paper App. 

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @jay_the_manque, sorry to jump in here, but could you try searching for those  Paper docs on our website by their titles?

Do you see any results this way?

Apart from that, could you check if there's a folder called Paper Docs in your account on our website? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

jay_the_manque
New member | Level 2

Hey Walter, I tried searching on web and was able to find those missing files. The problem is, those files are not visible to me within dropbox only until I search for them. I didn't see or couldn't find a "Paper Docs" folder on web. 

For example - on Dropbox Paper on iOS > When I look at my "Browse" Tab - I can see all of my dropbox paper files. But when I'm on web - and I'm looking at the "All Files" section > I see some folders that contain files from 09.2021 but I don't see the same files I can see on mobile within the browse tab. Also, when I click on "Recents" on web - the same files do not appear as they do on mobile. 

Hope this helps to triage the issue. Thanks for the help! 

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hi @jay_the_manque, sorry to jump in here! 

When you access the website, and search for the Paper doc what do you see? Can you send me a screenshot, so I can also have visual on my end? 

Thanks! 

Megan
dropbox.com/support

:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Samuel Chou
New member | Level 2

Hello, I encountered some strange paper-not-displaying problems and found this post. I'd like to share a thought.

According to another post, the version difference might be the cause of not showing files:

https://help.dropbox.com/view-edit/different-version-new

I don't know if this will help, but I'll just leave it here.

Need more support?