cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Upload Stalled

Dropbox Upload Stalled

LauraAdderley
Explorer | Level 3

For my own reasons I do not have Dropbox installed. Nor do I do automatic uploads.   I thought basic idea was that you could direct upload.  A huge folder of images I thought was backed up was not (13,000 items, mostly images).  So I did a massive upload.  It has taken four days. A couple of times I assumed it was internet issues.  But for 10 hours now it has been saying it has:  2 items remaining and 26 seconds left to complete. 

I have read a bunch of messages about uploads stalling.  (1) Yes, I cleared the cache.  (2) Because this took four days to upload, I am reluctant to start again and try a different browser.

Questions:  (a) Is there any way to see what item is the last one that is taking so long to upload?  (b) Is there a solution to get this last thing to upload?  Computer has been on for days just to try to finish this  (c) If I quit now, is there anyway to compare the folder on the computer with the one on Dropbox to see what is missing?  With 13,000 files, I am obviously not going through them one by one

Thanks for any reply.

2 Replies 2

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @LauraAdderley, I'd be happy to answer your questions!

In regards to your web uploading process, the best thing you could do would be to also try a different browser, or to try and break the upload into smaller bunches; although I understand this might not be convenient. 

If you close your browser now, the only way you could check for any of the files that might have not been uploaded, would be to check the individual folder for the file names missing. 

As for your first question you should be seeing a little window with the file names, and the state of your files, depending on the browser that you're using. 

I hope this clarifies! 

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

LauraAdderley
Explorer | Level 3

With 13,000 files the checking is what I was trying to avoid.  I just stopped it.  I know that at least two files are missing.  I will have to wait until my vacation in August and try to go through and check individually.  Or try to upload one by one.  Was so hoping for a less time consuming solution. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

LauraAdderley Explorer | Level 3
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?