cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading of empty folders on Dropbox Web?

Dropbox error: "Can’t upload empty folder." -- Unable to upload photos for a key shared folder

silviavasla
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Community!

Need your help. I'm trying to upload 7 pics for an interview and for the first time seeing this message, but only 3 made it and when individually trying the rest, I'm getting the following error: 

"Can’t upload empty folder." -- I've tried goggling and not sure why this is coming up. 

Can anyone help? 

Thank you

Silvia

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

silviavasla
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Lori!

Actually, it was a "user" (i.e., me) error. I was trying to upload a couple of images that were not downloaded on my computer. I could see the file, but I hadn't activated hence that error. All solved and happy user back again. 

Thanks for the reference!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hey @silviavasla, welcome to our Community!

Can you try to re-upload the files while using a different browser, or an incognito tab? 

Also, what size are the files that fail to upload on our website? 

Let me know what you find, Silvia!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

silviavasla
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi Lori!

Actually, it was a "user" (i.e., me) error. I was trying to upload a couple of images that were not downloaded on my computer. I could see the file, but I hadn't activated hence that error. All solved and happy user back again. 

Thanks for the reference!

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Fantastic @silviavasla

Happy to see you're all set. If you need anything else, I'll be one post away.

Enjoy your day!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Leg-o-lasz
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

How to upload an empty folder on Dropbox Web? It looks it just impossibile to do it, although it's possibile to create and download empty folders... Any solutions for this? Maybe using the Desktop APP, will I be able I upload the empty folders too? Did not find any information in the already existing topics... thanks in advance to those who will answer! ðŸ˜‰

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Leg-o-lasz wrote:

How to upload an empty folder on Dropbox Web?

You can't upload an empty folder using the Dropbox website. You can just create a new folder instead. If you have the Dropbox application installed and you're syncing your folders, creating a new folder in the local Dropbox folder will cause it to sync that folder to your account online.

Need more support?