cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox is now too hard to use.

Dropbox is now too hard to use.

herron
New member | Level 2

Congratulations Dropbox,

You have lost sight of your core value added, and ruined your offering. You have layered so much unwanted additional functionality on top of simple file sharing, the the interface is now confusing and inaccessible. It's very difficult to do the simplest things like copying a link to a file in my dropbox so I can paste it into an email for someone. You want me to use your collaboration tools, and your "improved" methods for sharing files.

Not Interested in being coerced into doing things your way. Dropbox is now too hard to use. I am actively searching for a new file sharing platform that understands the real value it is adding. Oh, and adding all this new crap does not justify raising your rates.

Goodby Dropbox.

Unhappy customer

38 Replies 38

Monkeys Uncle
New member | Level 2

Where is the "delete this folder" or files option?
Where is "download this folder" or "these files" option?
Where is the "sort files by size" option?

I'll tell you where they are: removed or buried in a labyrinth to make it near impossible to maximize space in a free account, and remove the largest, unneeded files.  

AlQamar
New member | Level 2
I thought I was the only one. How do I get up outta here? This is the pits. They hold your data hostage! I can't even download a photo!!!! It's so complicated.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

Hey @AlQamar, sorry to hear you're having issues with this.

Can you please clarify if you're using the desktop app, the mobile app or the website to download your files?

If you're getting a specific error, please feel free to send us a screenshot, so that we can have a visual too. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

HoodPhil
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Walter, 

That was an old post but thanks for responding. At the time I was really trying to combine multiple dropboxes. I had recently quit work and found that half my files were in one dropbox sign-in and half were in another.

I've got a situation now whereI have two or three nearly identical dropbox folders on one computer. But I also have a new computer and it only shows one dropbox after I've signed in online and downloaded the app. My plan is to download all files, erase all my current dropboxes,  and try to start over with just one dropbox. I do not use dropbox much for sharing files or collaboration. I use it as my virtual cloud for documents and find it preferable to being tied into One Drive, or iCloud, or Google Drive.

Walter
Dropbox Staff

I see, thanks for keeping me in the loop on this @HoodPhil 

Let us know if you find any troubles along the way and we'll take it from there.

Cheers!

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join

kerryjo
New member | Level 2

It is absolute crap now. I'm going to find an alternative and cancel my subscription

James45
New member | Level 2

I cannot work out how to use google drop box? So confusing.  I have been trying to get videos from my iPhone to my laptop and trying to get videos from one computer to my laptop etc. too confusing I’m just on the verge of giving up.

wildgeos
New member | Level 2

This comment sounds like it was  written by the dropbox marketing department.   What a load.

wildgeos
New member | Level 2

More crap from the dropbox marketing dept.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

wildgeos New member | Level 2
    James45 New member | Level 2
    kerryjo New member | Level 2
    Walter Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?