cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in hearing how one of our Community members uses Dropbox for sailing trips? Read all about it here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox location has changed iMac

Dropbox location has changed iMac

Mark57
Explorer | Level 3

First, let me apologise. I've not been here before.... I can't find an answer anywhere else. A couple of days ago DB said it would move all my files to a "safe location" on my iMac. Since then, I seem to have to make all files available on my iMac one by one (up to about 123,000 so far) by clicking the cloud download icon, batch doesn't work, and my MacBook hasn't had the same upgrade option, so my desktop aliases no longer work on either device (synced by iCloud). Not a happy bunny tbh. I moved to Mac so I didn't have to spend a day rebuilding PCs and apps...... Am I being dumb, or is this a problem for others? Close to ditching DB after many years 

4 Replies 4

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Mark57, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

It sounds like you're running the new version of the Mac OS app, which has new behavior compared to the previous version of the app.

Are you able to mark entire folders as available offline?

This will help me to assist further!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark57
Explorer | Level 3

Yes, but although the green tick appears against the folder, it seems I still have to click on the cloud icon to actually download the folder so that it is actually available offline..... Two processes replace one? 🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

Hannah
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Mark57, if you're seeing both the white checkmark and the cloud icon next to a folder, it means that the folder contains at least one online-only file, but any newly added files should become available offline by default.

For a more detailed explanation of the sync icons you can visit our Help Center.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Mark57
Explorer | Level 3

Nonsense. Given up. Deleting Dropbox tomorrow

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark57 Explorer | Level 3
    Hannah Dropbox Staff
    Jay Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?