cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Create, upload, and share

Find help to solve issues with creating, uploading, and sharing files and folders in Dropbox. Get support and advice from the Dropbox Community.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox stuck at Starting...

Dropbox stuck at Starting...

Tharun
Explorer | Level 3

I have installed Dropbox and started using offline and online, Offline folder i am using as share folder for 25 users in domain and folder size is 1tb.

Recently my dropbox application started error "unable to access  drop box" , So i have uninstalled and need to installe on  old  offline folder with out synchronization duplicate data. please any one help 

6 Replies 6

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Hey @Tharun, thanks for sharing this on the forum!

As a first step, do you mind uploading a full screenshot of the error message you keep receiving? What steps/actions are you taking on the app, right before this error occurs? 

Also, do you mean that you’d like to reinstall the Dropbox app on your computer without duplicating the files in your existing Dropbox folder?

Let me know.

Nancy
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Tharun
Explorer | Level 3

Tharun_1-1667299009051.jpeg

Data was syning perfectly, but one it stopped and showing the error as per screen shot.

I have 1tb data synchronized. we are using it as share folder, So when ever my employees do changes to any files it effects in drop box immediately and data will be uploaded to dropbox. Now because of above error. What ever the files modified in dropbox offline is not synchronized.  

Nancy
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the additional info!

As a next step, I’d like you to clarify what’s the exact OS version of the device on which you’re having this issue.

Also, is there any chance that you were previously syncing more than 300k files on your desktop app?

Nancy
dropbox.com/support

Tharun
Explorer | Level 3

Dear Nancy,

I am using windows 2012 Server R2. 

I have installed Dropbox and copied 900Gb Data and synchronized it to Dropbox. Later i shared the Drobox offline folder to my users. So, whatever my user does changes will be modified in drobox. If my physical driver is corrupted, i can still use the latest update from drobox. 

But unfortunately, i have an issue that i send you a screen shot. So, i must uninstall and install a new drobox. i cannot upload data of 1tb and create another shared folder for 100 users.  

Jay
Dropbox Staff

Hi @Tharun, in general, your setup currently isn't supported by Dropbox, as it is a Windows Server OS, so the amount of advice we can provide is limited.

Since it's having issues connecting, do you have any proxy, VPN, firewall, security software, or even ISP/router settings that could be restricting traffic to the following Dropbox domains?

Jay
dropbox.com/support

Graham
Community Manager

Hi @Tharun,

I hope you're having a great day. I just wanted to follow up with you here to see if you were still experience issues with your Dropbox account or if you managed to get everything up and running. I can see my colleagues were able to give you some good insights as to where the problems may have been occurring so hopefully things are going smoothly for you now. Please don't hesitate to reach out again if you need any more assistance! 

Thanks!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham Community Manager
    Jay Dropbox Staff
    Tharun Explorer | Level 3
    Nancy Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?